Can this be made into a functional trailer again?

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #1  

Usmc68

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1715
So I found this in my woods the other day. It looks like it was a trailer or something. I am not the most creative guy around. Would it be worth making it useful again?
Thanks

Smper Fi

Attachments

• IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_2658.JPG
    IMG_2658.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2659.JPG
    IMG_2659.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 627
   / Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #2  
It originally was the front axle and tongue of a 4wheel farm wagon it would need some work to do anything with.

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #3  
My thought is if you can see the use for it, there will be your answer. It could become a useful trailer, but know that the tongue is twisted plus tires and wheel bearings will need to be redone. How you liking that 520XI?

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #4  
You could buy a fairly nice tandem axle trailer for less than it cost to fix that one. Are the rear axles laying around somewhere in the weeds? You are looking at around $800 just for 4 new tires.

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #5  
Not a good platform for building but there's some heavy stuff that might be cut out and used for something.

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again?
Ok, thanks for the advice. It did look like it would take some work and $$ to make it usable again.

Tomplum- Love the 520XI but I might be selling it along with the 60" mower deck and dozer blade come Spring. I just bought a Massey GC1715 with FEL and mower deck that will replace it. I really needed/wanted the FEL.

Semper Fi

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #7  
They are a nice garden tractor. The last Toro ever designed. We used to sell the 522s with duallies and the Kwik way buckets, boxes . They were expensive back then. Now it's the parts that are getting expensive. You will love your new GC.

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #8  
It looks like somebody welded the tongue solid to make the front half of wagon running gear into a 2 wheel trailer. If you have a need for a low speed trailer like that you could get some used truck tires installed for about $20 each. See if the bearings are seized up. Install an old truck bed and you have a cheap firewood hauler.

Just some ideas.

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #9  
Unless you've got a use for the metal, I'd probably haul it off to a scrap dealer.

Bearing and tires will be expensive and you still don't have a usable trailer. Sorry but, it is, what it is. Scrap metal IMHO.

/ Can this be made into a functional trailer again? #10  
Good trailer for a pto generator