Need help building a sprayer

/ Need help building a sprayer
Thats a BIG help, thank you for the info and the diagram is great. Figured it is a LOT cheaper to build one especially knowing I am going to only use it 2-4 times a year for an hour so 2 at a time.
THANKS

/ Need help building a sprayer #12  
Now you know where and how to start with assembling a sprayer,let's talk about where and how you will be able to use it. Once herbicide has been run through the equipment,you shouldn't spray trees or anything you don't want to risk damaging. It's very difficult to clean all traces of chemical from the system so most people have more than one sprayer.

Thanks Jaxs. I normally only spray 2 chemicals. The one I use the most is a generic roundup to keep the weeds at bay along the driveway/roadway and a hillside. The second is bug killer to keep the wood boring bees (and those darn stinkbugs) off my cedar house. This is where the sprayer will really come in handy. The back of the house is on a decently steep hillside and the roof line is over two stores high. This is a difficult spot to spray the eves, you can do it with an extension ladder on the hill but need to drive anchors into the hill so the ladder cant slip out from under me. Needless to say I am not real fond of that method so thus the time has come to build a sprayer that will spray the eves from ground level safely.
We have extendable polls for cleaning the windows so I not too worried if I get some on the windows as I would be cleaning them afterwards anyway.

/ Need help building a sprayer #14  
:thumbsup: You should be golden with those chemicals and where you are spraying. I only mentioned it in case you never had the subject come up in the past. I've battled wood bees for years in my out buildings and haven't found a way to totally eliminate them. There was a time my grandsons thinned them out with badminton rackets to collect $0.25 each bounty.

:thumbsup: You should be golden with those chemicals and where you are spraying. I only mentioned it in case you never had the subject come up in the past. I've battled wood bees for years in my out buildings and haven't found a way to totally eliminate them. There was a time my grandsons thinned them out with badminton rackets to collect $0.25 each bounty.

That also is not a bad option! LOL

/ Need help building a sprayer #16  
As has been said roller pump matched for the power source rpms can do this. But for that reach do you have a pressure washer? You may be able to use it with siphon hose as you do with chemicals to wash house. Never had tried it but know of no reason it will not work if you can get correct ratio on the chemicals. Do use protection with what ever system you use.

As has been said roller pump matched for the power source rpms can do this. But for that reach do you have a pressure washer? You may be able to use it with siphon hose as you do with chemicals to wash house. Never had tried it but know of no reason it will not work if you can get correct ratio on the chemicals. Do use protection with what ever system you use.

Interesting idea you have there. Have a 4000 psi belt drive PW and 18' extension wand for the pressure washer. Getting the ratio right would be a trick but may not be a bad idea....

/ Need help building a sprayer #18  
Interesting idea you have there. Have a 4000 psi belt drive PW and 18' extension wand for the pressure washer. Getting the ratio right would be a trick but may not be a bad idea....
You would need to make sure that the seals in the PW pump can handle roundup or whatever else you plan on putting through it.
I would also suggest using a 12v bilge pump to supply the water to the PW pump unless it is rated to draw from a tank.

Aaron Z

Thanks - I am running a belt drive so it is rated to pull from a tank (I often use a 275 gal. for places it is hard to get a hose to). I was thinking I would use a high pressure injection on the output side of the pump to protect it. Just not too sure I can control the mix and maybe a bit unwieldy.
The other idea I had was using my extended pressure washer wand with a sprayer to get it up higher while keeping it under control.
Lots of good thoughts and ideas coming up from everyone.