SSQA multi use base

/ SSQA multi use base #1  

Stomper

Gold Member
Tractor
2017 Kubota L2501
I just finished building the below ssqa frame for a small stump bucket I am building. It's pretty beefy because I just used what I had laying around so it hasn't cost me anything. The square tube is 4"x4"x1/4" and everything else is also 1/4" material, so it should hold up to any abuse my little kubota L2501 can give it. There are a few other attachments that I would like to have which I will eventually build. Such things as a boom pole/jib and what ever else I can dream up to build when a job dictates a specific attachment/tool. I have been eyeballing the SSQA back hoe also. With not wanting to build a quick attach plate every time I make a new attachment, I have come up with an Idea I am going to try. The four small white circles on the cross tubes in the one picture, will be holes with crush tubes welded in place. The crush tubes will be big enough to accept 3/4" bolts. The idea of the whole thing is to only have one quick attach frame and to be able to bolt on several different attachments. Being that my tractor is small and can't dish out too much abuse, I see no reason that this shouldn't work. With this frame and 3/4" bolts i don't think there should be much of an issue. Time will tell. Feel free to give me your opinions and/or any ideas that might save me some grief in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_3248.JPG
    IMG_3248.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_3247.JPG
    IMG_3247.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_3246.JPG
    IMG_3246.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 674
   / SSQA multi use base #2  
Interesting. Keep us in the loop.:drink:

/ SSQA multi use base
I will. It will be an ongoing project that I work on in my free time so progress may be slow but I will post when something new gets done

/ SSQA multi use base #4  
Why go to the trouble building a quick attach if you will be bolting and unbolting? You can buy the plates cheap at Richie Brothers Auctions. Then beef them up for your intended purpose.
hugs, Brandi

/ SSQA multi use base #5  
Why go to the trouble building a quick attach if you will be bolting and unbolting? You can buy the plates cheap at Richie Brothers Auctions. Then beef them up for your intended purpose.
hugs, Brandi

There could be several reasons. One being it changes the equipment forever and may limit its use to a SSQA. I grabbed a 1/4 mount plate off the Titan rack for 89$ to build a mounting for 2 projects. But the big tube could definitely lend itself to freehand hook and lift an attachment , solidly support a short boom or ?? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

/ SSQA multi use base
A SSQA around here goes for the around the $200 mark give or take a bit and the closest ritchie brothers auction is six hours away. Being in the middle of the Canadian north has it's benifits and it also has it draw backs. If I could pick up mounting plates for $90 I probably wouldn't have made this, or maybe I would have, I have always been a DIYer type. I get a certain satisfaction with making my own stuff. I like the option to design stuff the way I want it to be, not the way someone else wants it to be. This may work, may not. Through time it will probably have things added to it (chain hooks, etc...) that will make more of a multi use piece of equipment, I'm hoping!

Last edited:
   / SSQA multi use base #7  
Duplicate

/ SSQA multi use base #8  
Good looking heavy duty frame. Instead of round pipes with bolts how about welding heavy eyes on it then just throwing hitch pins in to attach and detach add on's.
Also a neighbor just got a new kioti tractor and I noticed that the bucket SSQA had wings on the outside flanges to guide the loader frame into alignment, I need to
add the quide wings onto my SSQA attachments to make them easier to connect to as I can't see the edge flanges from inside my cab.

/ SSQA multi use base #9  
A good solid build but it looks heavy. The extra weight may work against you depending on what you bolt to it.

/ SSQA multi use base
Yeah it looks heavy and built solid. I have no idea what the weight is but it's not that heavy, I have been lifting it off and on the FEL by hand easily without issues. I would be surprised if it was much over 100 lbs. Even if I double or even tripple the weight of it with a bolted on attachment it's still going to be lighter than my bucket or my pallet forks. There's not many skid steer/ loader attachments out the under the 300# mark. The main reason I started this project was for a stump bucket to remove several smallish stumps around my property. The bolting on other attachment idea came about, just in case I needed some other hair brain attachment in the future. I may never make another attachment or remove the root bucket, but with the bolt on idea, at least I have an option if I need to. Could it be lighter, sure but I built it with what I had on hand so I guess beggers can't be choosers. lol Thanks for the comments, keep them coming