New Plasma Cutter on a budget

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #11  
"HD price is $410.01 +tax....but if you are a veteran deduct 10%"

HD told me last year that unless I was disabled or still on active duty, that I was "only a veteran" for 2 days a year - 's funny, I don't recall the Army telling me I only had to show up 8 days out of FOUR YEARS (1965-1969)....

So I took my DD214 into Lowes, and 10 minutes later I walk out with 10% EVERY DAY; plus, every time I shop I get thanked for my service.

Guess where I DON'T shop any more... Steve

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #12  
Steve, my sentiments exactly concerning Home Depot. Thanks, Bob

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #13  
Steve, my sentiments exactly concerning Home Depot. Thanks, Bob

That, and that they used to offer a 5% discount to use their card, same as Lowe's. Well, they now took that away, for a while you could ask for it at the register as a competitive discount, not any more. So, I no longer have a HD card, but use my Lowe's for every purchase.

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #14  
"HD price is $410.01 +tax....but if you are a veteran deduct 10%"

HD told me last year that unless I was disabled or still on active duty, that I was "only a veteran" for 2 days a year - 's funny, I don't recall the Army telling me I only had to show up 8 days out of FOUR YEARS (1965-1969)....

So I took my DD214 into Lowes, and 10 minutes later I walk out with 10% EVERY DAY; plus, every time I shop I get thanked for my service.

Guess where I DON'T shop any more... Steve

I have heard this story about Home Depot before.
I live in Florida during the winter, and Massachusetts in the Summer.
I have only had one problem getting the 10% discount from any HD in either geographical area.
I tried to place a special order for windows at a Maine HD and was told the 10% VA discount would only apply for up to $50 ($3500+ total order).
I contacted HD main office in ATL, (showing no proof of VA eligibility) and they sent me an E-Mail authorizing 10% off the entire order.
I DO PREFER LOWES, because reading these HD stories, and hearing of others, rather infuriates me.

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #15  
Well thanks a lot!
I read the posts, watched the video, checked the E-bay listings and now I'm out about another $385! :D
Ordered the cutter and a small pack of consumables. Can't wait til they get here! Been wanting a Plasma for a long time.:cool2:

This site costs me a fortune!:mur: A couple weeks ago it was a hydraulic toplink. Before that a diverter valve. Chipper, box blade, landscape rake, pine straw rake. Still to come the hoses and fittings for the diverter and top link!

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #16  
Well thanks a lot!
I read the posts, watched the video, checked the E-bay listings and now I'm out about another $385! :D
Ordered the cutter and a small pack of consumables. Can't wait til they get here! Been wanting a Plasma for a long time.:cool2:

This site costs me a fortune!:mur: A couple weeks ago it was a hydraulic toplink. Before that a diverter valve. Chipper, box blade, landscape rake, pine straw rake. Still to come the hoses and fittings for the diverter and top link!

Which plasma cutter did you buy?

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #17  
My first plasma cutter I bought exploded on me... I wont say who because they make other great products, It was the low end model and worked great for almost a year and one day the mosfets started popping off like gun shots. Scared the **** out of me so I upgraded to an IGBT model after that

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #18  
Well thanks a lot!

but just think, now with a plasma if you get tired of all the other stuff, you can cut it up and sell for scrap metal LOL

/ New Plasma Cutter on a budget #19  
Well thanks a lot!

Ain't this site a hoot? LOL
I am the same.

It will be interesting to see how these things hold up after time. A couple of years ago I picked up a 10 year old Hypertherm PM9000, the thing is sick. I may go months without using it then use it everyday for a week. It all depends on my project at hand.

One thing to keep in mind to make your consumables last is you need clean dry air and lots of it. Invest in a good filter, I have two, one good one on the wall 3' from the unit and the unit has one built in.
Unless these units come with their own compressor then disregard the last statement. You need a good ground too so don't be afraid to grind off a spot for your ground clamp.
I had a PM 30 before and loved it, wish I had kept it but outgrew it.