Man Lift

/ Man Lift #22  
Did not notice but perhaps some method of 'hold back', like a chain just in case the operator dumps or tilts the forks downwards. (like hits the wrong valve)

I'm pretty sure both my Kubota loaders have a latch on the joystick to prevent any "down" activation.

/ Man Lift #23  
I'm pretty sure both my Kubota loaders have a latch on the joystick to prevent any "down" activation.

They do, but it’s only useful once you get the loader in the air. If you’ve got two people and you’re riding the loader up you could still be dumped. You’d have to have a pretty careless operator for that to happen.

/ Man Lift #24  
Crap.....read this thread......now I've got to build me one.

I can see many uses for this.

RSKY

My exact thoughts. Great idea
Could have used this for putting up the christmas lights this year. I just used a pallet and ratchet strapped it back to fork frame so it was secure. It's only 10' to the eaves on my house so the pallet was only 4-5 feet off the ground. It was much safer that standing on top of my 6' step ladder.

/ Man Lift #25  
I sure as he!! wouldn't lift my wife in one, IF I didn't think it was safe!

standard.jpg

But, I don't buy any junk either... For the most part, I'm more into over built...

SR

/ Man Lift #26  
Loving this idea and I have some pallets and IBC totes laying around, just another excuse to get the Forks for the FEL.

/ Man Lift #27  
Jeez, I am totally opposite. I kinda hope mine fails with my wife in it but to each his own.

I built this a number of years ago to trim the orchard. Works great. Not too concerned about the safety police.
IMG_5294.jpg

Earlier this year we needed to trim up a couple of taller trees. Neighbor who builds metal buildings dropped this by. I have to say this scared the s out of me. It was 4 wheel, we made sure it was always level. But you get that bad boy 40ft up in the air and it swayed way too much for my liking.

IMG_2992.jpg

/ Man Lift #28  
Those lifts usually have outriggers. It appears they are missing from the one you were using. I don't think I would have used it on uneven ground.

/ Man Lift #29  
Clever build! I can see it being quite useful as long as you have a second person to operate the FEL.

Since I usually work alone and would have to access the platform via a ladder, I would make a another "door" opening in one or both sides. I would also add ladder stops to keep a ladder from sliding side to side.

Crap.....read this thread......now I've got to build me one.

I can see many uses for this.

RSKY

Those lifts usually have outriggers. It appears they are missing from the one you were using. I don't think I would have used it on uneven ground.
I'm thinking of doing similar but I'd like to gin up some sort of "stabilizer" for support underneath. I was thinking of 3 @ 4x4's w/ a T form at the bottom. And access by ladder.

/ Man Lift #30  
I’ve got all the metal setting at work to build a 3’x4’ , I hope to start on it in a week or so.