Anyone use a rotary laser level

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #31  
Well thanks for the info. Explains a bit on the possible issue. I do not even own a dewalt tool. Work with a lot of guys that do and its not what I am used to seeing of dewalt line.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #32  
It's been a long winding road since my first experience with DeWalt radial arms 50 years ago.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #33  
I have a number of DeWalt tools and have only had an issue with a 4 1/2" grinder that was used (hard) when I got it and I abused it. I've worked for several companies that have DeWalt cordless tools, they seam to work great. I don't know about some of their tools like a laser level. They could just buy them from a company in China and have them built to their specs. When I was looking I was looking for outdoor use and wanted a brand that was a leader, the two that came up was Trimble and Spectra. I found my LL200 on ebay for a good price. Having everything in a plastic case with places for spare batteries (mine uses one D and one 9v) makes it real nice and desirable for people if you go to sell. You know everything works well together too.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #34  
Not a laser expert.
Trimble, spectra, top-con, CST/Berger are all reliable brand names that have been around a while that I have seen around.
A couple Dewalt I have seen on jobs regularly and the several Bosch that I have had have held up fine so far but none of them are rotary.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #35  
been using the dewalt its important to use the Lazer glasses. adds about 30% the ability to see it in bright light. $15 dollar glasses help on most units no matter if you spend 5 grand or 150 bucks.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #36  
The only laser level/range finder I've ever used was a Trimble. It was used as a range finder with a standard reflecting mirror on the stadia board. Problem is - it was when I worked for the government and cost of equipment was of no concern. Trimble is probably top of the Mark, as far as quality, and also on price.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level
To expensive to buy new ! Just watching ebay daily for a good deal. I really favor the Trimble/Spectra ones. Thanks for the input and suggestions.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #38  
Don't forget about PLS lasers...I have a PLS 4 that I use all the time, and have had for a few years. Paired with a telescoping tripod it is a huge timesaver.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #39  
To expensive to buy new ! Just watching ebay daily for a good deal. I really favor the Trimble/Spectra ones. Thanks for the input and suggestions.
Don't forget to do searches in all of Craigslist out 100 to 200 miles. EBay used to be great, but now I find all the best deals on Craigslist and Facebook. Just decide what brand and model you want and use that for your search.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #40  
For the money a simple Dewalt rotary laser is a good deal. I test mine each spring before I start moving dirt and set it up on a still pond. Seems to be good for 200 ft. radius.

For more precise work I use a Topcon RL 200 2/s grade laser this thing is awesome.