Anyone use a rotary laser level

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #1  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
I am looking for a rotary laser level. Building a 30x50 pole barn plus other things on our property. Looking for a rotary laser level that will go out at least 150' with a good laser line that you can see well. Researching shows that Bosch makes a great tool. Just want to be sure I can be able to see the line on items likes post and walls. Thanks

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #2  
I used a Bosch when putting in my pool fence. The long end was about 90 feet, and it was a bit difficult to see the thing in bright sunlight. I used it both rotating and stationary (one for lining them up, the other for height.) The "targets" supplied with it helped a bunch; depending on the color/reflectivity of what you are shooting, you may have to put a piece of white tape or something where you want to measure. Easily beat any other alternative for doing the job!

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #3  
One thing most laser levels have in common...the darker it is...the easier they are to see...
Good Luck..

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #4  
I purchased a Bosch GRL HV kit last year for similar project(s).
It works great. Lowes had it on sale and I purchased a $50 off coupon on eBay for $1., which they honored. Compared to mucking around with a line laser, tapes, strings or a level it is pretty good!

Unless it is dusk, night, or against a solid background in shade you will not be able to see the beam and will rely on audio beep and visual led's on receiver, which works very well. There are green lasers that supposedly show up better in brighter situations, but cost is quite a bit more. Also, the further away you are from laser the less visibility the laser beam, however the audio beep is what you are working with in most cases. Red laser glasses are one way to enhance visibility of beam.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #5  
They are a very good tool. But before you trust it for level, make sure it is actually accurate. Test it. This could be as simple as making some level marks at a distance and then rotating the unit 180 degrees. Then seeing if the new level marks agree.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #6  
Whatever you buy from a major brand name will probably work fine. Be sure it has a receiver so that daylight does not matter.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #7  
I use one from Stabil. The red glasses help see a faint mark also but I like the audio beep that works where I can't even see the light.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #8  
I got a top rated $400 Dewalt and it's inaccurate as heck. Better off with a water level for anything critical.

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #9  
I got a top rated $400 Dewalt and it's inaccurate as heck. Better off with a water level for anything critical.
Water levels CAN be quite inaccurate themselves...

/ Anyone use a rotary laser level #10  

Probably the same model I got. It was a waste of money. Around 3/8" off in 30'