Mini Dozer Build

/ Mini Dozer Build #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Anyone ever build a mini dozer from the ubuildit plans? You use a garden tractor and build the dozer under carriage for the tractor. There website is down now. They had plans for backhoes and go karts. I have a old Sears garden tractor that would be perfect for this build.

/ Mini Dozer Build #2  
Didn't know he was still around, since the website has been dead for a while, but then I see he's still on eBay.

I haven't heard any feedback on the dozer plans, but I know that several people on here have built his backhoe and been happy.

/ Mini Dozer Build
I will have to check eBay. I have an old Sears Roper garden tractor that would be perfect for this build.

/ Mini Dozer Build #4  
This guy did a sweet build. He has lots of vids on youtube, and a full thread of the build on TBN

/ Mini Dozer Build #5  
If you can get a copy of the Tractor Show: Garden Tractor Builds, you will see a ton of people who have made small bulldozers in a variety of ways.

I know people who have had StructKit Bulldozers and while they worked, they are limited. They just were not heavy enough to get their track grousers to get enough grip upon the ground to do anything meaningful.

/ Mini Dozer Build #6  
I know people who have had StructKit Bulldozers and while they worked, they are limited. They just were not heavy enough to get their track grousers to get enough grip upon the ground to do anything meaningful.

^^^ this.
Even with 8000+# of machine weight, the pushing force of a CTL with a dozer blade is well short of productive. For comparison, I would bet that a 4 wheeler (ATV) would push more than a converted lawn tractor, tracks or not. Now if just pushing around some dry (dumped) topsoil is all your looking to do, it would be a fun & rewarding project.:thumbsup:

/ Mini Dozer Build #7  
^^^ this.
Even with 8000+# of machine weight, the pushing force of a CTL with a dozer blade is well short of productive. For comparison, I would bet that a 4 wheeler (ATV) would push more than a converted lawn tractor, tracks or not. Now if just pushing around some dry (dumped) topsoil is all your looking to do, it would be a fun & rewarding project.:thumbsup:

My B7200 is pretty much useless for any dirt work besides moving a little loose dirt. It probably pushes twice as hard as a lawn mower dozer

/ Mini Dozer Build #8  
Anyone ever build a mini dozer from the ubuildit plans? You use a garden tractor and build the dozer under carriage for the tractor. There website is down now. They had plans for backhoes and go karts. I have a old Sears garden tractor that would be perfect for this build.

I've seen a few home made dozers on here that looked like fun projects, but none of them where capable of doing anything other then playing around in the yard. If all you want is something to do, and you want to kill a lot of time, then go for it. If you want to move dirt, don't waste your time. Smallest dozer that I ever ran was a Deere 450G and all it was good for was spreading dirt around that was already loose. Worthless at digging and land clearing. It's small size made it easy to transport, and easy to get unstuck. But it was a finish dozer, and they are called finish dozers for a reason. Mid size dozers will be about twice as heave and more in the 150hp range on up. My Case 1550 is 170 hp and it's OK at most things. I wouldn't want anything a lot smaller.

/ Mini Dozer Build #9  
I’ve ran a D-3 dozer. It’s better than a tractor and a box blade but don’t expect to go pushing up big piles of dirt from hard pack in one pass. The D-3 is WAY more dozer than a lawn mower conversion build. I can’t imagine a dozer of this size being anything more than a toy.

/ Mini Dozer Build
I had a Struck dozer MD1216 and a Magnatrac MT1800 with loader and backhoe. I also had a John Deere crawler tractor model 40 and a John Deere 450G with forestry package and winch. I have also had several Bobcat skidsteers. They each had jobs they were good at and limitations. Just thought a mini dozer built from a garden tractor was a good project when I retire (someday). I think it would be good for clearing brush and ATV trails where you need something compact.