Barn Feed Bin

/ Barn Feed Bin #12  
Try Midwest Plan Service.

They have thousands of free downloadable detailed plans for use around the farm, some of which date back to the 1930's. To me this is important because it means I can use more simple materials like wood to build what I need.

It is kind of a clunky site to use, but once you get the hang of it, I am sure there is a design that you can use.

Here is one that might be of use to you: maybe scale it down if need be???

https://www-mwps.sws.iastate.edu/sites/default/files/imported/free/73217.pdf

/ Barn Feed Bin #13  
I don't think you will buy enough to make a difference, It will suck up moisture and mold if not used fast enough and if cans are to deep you wont get it all off the bottom. Price shop some feed stores you might do better :)

/ Barn Feed Bin #14  
Try Midwest Plan Service.

They have thousands of free downloadable detailed plans for use around the farm, some of which date back to the 1930's. To me this is important because it means I can use more simple materials like wood to build what I need.

It is kind of a clunky site to use, but once you get the hang of it, I am sure there is a design that you can use.

Here is one that might be of use to you: maybe scale it down if need be???

https://www-mwps.sws.iastate.edu/sites/default/files/imported/free/73217.pdf

What a cool collection!

/ Barn Feed Bin #16  
As a kid on a dairy farm milking 40 cows We had the grain bins built in the 1920's to start with. As soon as you lifted up the top one or two black rats would come hopping out. We built a grain room. floored, sided in wood. Then a sheet tin layer over the wood. The door was also tinned. That kept the rats and mice out.

We use metal trash cans for our two horses and chickens. You might consider a galvanized water trough and fit a tinned plywood top over it - hinged or not.

/ Barn Feed Bin
We use metal trash cans for our two horses and chickens. You might consider a galvanized water trough and fit a tinned plywood top over it - hinged or not.

That’s a cool thought.

One issue is having to bend down that far.