Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500

/ Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500 #1  

arthurb

Silver Member
Tractor
Toro WH 520XI
Does anyone have any ideas if there is a way to make a front blade for a Kubota BX 1500? My local dealer will sell me a Kubota front blade for $1400.00 That's a little steep for my budget at this time. Is there a way to use a Kubota, or another brand of garden tractor's front blade with modifications to mount on the BX 1500?

I know that I can use a 3 point hitch rear blade on the BX 1500. I've seen the KK brand at Tractor Supply stores that are made especially for subcompact tractors. My neighbor uses a 5' home made rear blade on his JD 650. He told me that you will plow/move more dirt and snow with a front blade versus a rear blade.

Does anyone have any ideas? I will be using my front blade to remove snow from my 20'x80' driveway, and level fill dirt in low lying areas in my yard. Thank you.

/ Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500 #2  
Im not very familiar with your model tractor but alot of times Ive made different blades for friends and landscapers tractors that work pretty good. One thing about a front blade if your like me and spend alot of time on a dozer its easier on your neck for grading. It takes more skill but you also get the advantage of not having to drive over a snow pile or dirt pile to spread the stuff. Also working in a tight place it can be more handy.

/ Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500 #3  
I don't know the 1500 in size, etc. but I have a blade on my Artic Cat 400 ATV. The blade has two arms that mount to the under body of the ATV sort of like a BH subframe. Two brackets mount to the frame at the foot peg locations and and the arms pin to the brackets as a mount and a pivot point. I don't see why the brackets couldn't be mounted to the frame of the tractor. The only problem is raising and lowering. I use my front mounted winch but I know I have seen a thread here on here about using cables and pulleys off the 3PH to raise and lower it. There are also various ATV lift kits for blades from manual to electric. Look at Northern or Cabelas for ideas.

Blades run in the 2 - $500 range.

Regards,
Kevin

/ Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500 #4  
This looks pretty fancy but kind of expensive once you buy the blade, mount and winch. But maybe will give some ideas. Swisher Blade

Attachments

• 444148-p024975sq02.jpg
    444148-p024975sq02.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 632
   / Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500 #5  
Modifying an ATV plow would be the most cost effective. You will need to fabricate some mounts but it is doable. If you already have a rear blade just use that for snow. I used a 6 footer on the back of a B7500 to clear a 740 foot very steep driveway and it worked brilliantly. With a rear blade and a drive like you state you should be done in 15 minutes or so.

/ Front blade for a Kubota BX 1500 #6  
I put a 42" garden tractor snow blade on the front of my Yanmar gray market YM1301D, used it one winter, then put it on my YM1110D. It had a boom from the blade that went back under the front axle and mounted to the under side of the tractor. I made a mounting plate that bolted to the under side of the YM1110D. For the lift mechanism, I used pulleys and cable from the 3ph. You can see this blade on my YM1301D at my web page.