Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph)

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #1  

Aquamoose

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
I decided to build a tree puller and wanted to buy a blank mounting plate for use on both ends of my tractor. Is there ANYTHING that's on the market like this?

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #2  
Got a picture?
I built a land plane with SS on the back & 3pt on the front, but I'm guessing that you have only 1 "side" to work with.
That brings me to a 3pt to SS adapter I made.

DSCN7958.JPG

I've never seen a "dual" set up will take either one, doesn't mean it's not out there.:thumbsup:

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #4  
Got a picture?
I built a land plane with SS on the back & 3pt on the front, but I'm guessing that you have only 1 "side" to work with.
That brings me to a 3pt to SS adapter I made.

View attachment 549447

I've never seen a "dual" set up will take either one, doesn't mean it's not out there.:thumbsup:

That is rather clever. Doesn't it really suck using SS stuff backwards though?

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph)
I should clarify, I don’t want an adapter, so I can keep the weight to a minimum. I recall seeing somewhere that a tree puller was made on a tubular frame that is mountable on either end of the tractor.

I may have to wing it if it comes to it but I’d rather try to have one already made for me to build off from. The SSQA points are tricky to build for me.

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #6  
I modified my Land Pride forks to both fit my SSQA FEL and it's 3PH. It's not QA-compatible though, due tom having the 3PH lift arms clear the SSQA attachments on the tractor. :(

I modified the forks so I could carry an IBC full or nearly full of water.

Pics:

GHAKkPZ.jpg

UVKQ8Pk.jpg

Yz3tlFG.jpg

It still works on the front end, as you can see here with my IBC-cage work platform, installing shop lights in my shop.

UYtr8zk.jpg

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #7  
I built this tree puller to fit my SSQA FEL. Few years later I got a second tractor and wanted to use the puller on the 3pt. I added some simple tabs that aren't in the way of the SSQA. Works like a champ. To effectively use it on 3pt you need a hydraulic top link.

Sorry for the poor pics of design.

DSC04723.JPG

DSC04722.JPG

20160223_155232 (1280x720).jpg

DSC04718.JPG

20160319_124017 (1280x720).jpg

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #8  
I modified my Land Pride forks to both fit my SSQA FEL and it's 3PH. It's not QA-compatible though, due tom having the 3PH lift arms clear the SSQA attachments on the tractor

Could you clarify this? (It fits your SSQA FEL but it is not QA-compatible) thanks.

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #9  
That is rather clever. Doesn't it really suck using SS stuff backwards though?

I built it for my JD that had their own style "quick hitch" that limits you to JD $tuff only. Traded that in for the Kubota with a ssqa, so it just was scrap metal to me at that point so I made it work on the 3 pt. It's handy for the forks when the loader is off for the winter (frame mounted snow plow), and I've played around with another plow on the back plowing each direction. Sometimes I'll put a bucket on to carry tools but I really don't use it much to be honest.

DSCN8423.JPG

DSCN8470.JPG

/ Dual purpose mount plates (SSQA & 3ph) #10  
I decided to build a tree puller and wanted to buy a blank mounting plate for use on both ends of my tractor. Is there ANYTHING that's on the market like this?
Call and ask if they will build you a plate for both ends: Buckthorn Puller - Custom built Skid Steer attachments to fit almost any need you may have.

3pt.PNG

Here is the puller they built for LouieJunior, notice the 3 point top link connector on the JD QA frame: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/318149-tree-puller-pleased-my-new.html#post3845905

LJ crop.jpg
LouieJunior2 c .jpg

If you build one copy this design:

Speeco Ultra Fork 555 .jpg

P1060001.JPG
P5240036.JPG