A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter #1  

iointerrupt

Behold, the long sought Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter:

spline1.jpg

Lot of people have looked for these and come up empty, so I figured a thread documenting them once and for all would help. This is a "TISCO 355", 31/32"-10 to 1.375"-6 spline adapter:

spline2.jpg

They don't appear to be manufactured anymore, and they aren't easy to find, but if you dig around on the internet they are out there, from $25-$40.

I've read claims that the Kubota splines are 25mm-10, but this 31/32" adapter would measure out to be 24.6mm, and it fits, so I'm now leaning towards the splines really are 31/32". They appear to have been used on tractors from ages past.

Speaking of which, they are a tight fit on the tractor. I had to lightly tap this one on, and I suspect it would not come off easily, possibly requiring a puller. Fine for me, less so if you want to change back to a mower a lot.

Anyhow, the path to making this mid-PTO actually useful, is now a little clearer.

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter #2  
What do you plan to power with it??

SR

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter #3  
Be sure to check the required clearance for any 1-3/8 X 6 universal joint or quick couple you might have in mind. That Kubota mid PTO gear assembly is tucked in pretty tight to the transmission case.

I'm in the middle of fitting a front snow blower to a B7200. Fortunately, I have a couple of the 1 inch X 10 couplings and female shaft adaptors with U-joints that clear. AND 1"X 10 IS THE "OFFICIAL" SIZE!

The rest of the drive shaft I need, that includes a bearing supported mid shaft, will all be 1 inch X 15 spline.
That is the "contemporary" replacement.
812-�615 Weasler L6 Series Yoke 1" X 15 Spline - Drivetrain America

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter
Sawyer Rob - I'm working toward getting a hydraulic pump and reservoir mounted down there. With my 26HP can get about 12 GPM from a normal pump, or 22 GPM from a two-stage pump.

As for clearances, yeh, everything is tight under there. I wasn't even going to attempt to fit a full PTO shaft down there, just have the hydraulic pump be direct drive off the PTO, with some custom made shaft adapters and mounting brackets. Saves a lot of complexity, if it can fit.

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter #6  
Sawyer Rob - I'm working toward getting a hydraulic pump and reservoir mounted down there. With my 26HP can get about 12 GPM from a normal pump, or 22 GPM from a two-stage pump.

As for clearances, yeh, everything is tight under there. I wasn't even going to attempt to fit a full PTO shaft down there, just have the hydraulic pump be direct drive off the PTO, with some custom made shaft adapters and mounting brackets. Saves a lot of complexity, if it can fit.
I've thought about doing something similar, only using a variable displacement piston pump to drive hydraulic implements (stump grinder, power rake, snow blower, etc). That way you have a built in valve, could probably use the tractor's reservoir and cooler due to less heat and oil aeration, and plumbing is simpler. I'd personally stick with the 15 spline couplers and shafts since they're smaller and lighter.

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter #7  
Just a note:

It "appears" that some Ford tractor clutch discs have a 1" X 10 spline center core. Should be easy enough to come by at a wrecker for small money. A start on a custom adaptor.

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter #8  
I'm more curious about this pump and reservoir. What are you going to use it for? How big? where will you put it, etc??? Details, man, details!!!:D

/ A Kubota Mid-PTO Spline Adapter
CalG -

To be clear, that'd be a .98″- 10 Spline #6 yoke half plugged into the PTO, and the other half of the U-joint formed by the 1"-15 #6 yoke? Seems reasonable, not too pricey.

Crawling around down there today, I'm having doubts a standard SAE pump would fit in a direct-drive setup, just not enough room for it.