Pipe post puller buddies

/ Pipe post puller buddies #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
There's some close ups of them in "photos". But they're just some holes cut in three quarter bar stock with an offset ring welded in.

When you slide them over a pipe post and lift with a chain it all comes up.

Attachments

• 471038-Image001.jpg
    471038-Image001.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,447
   / Pipe post puller buddies
A close up

Attachments

• 471039-Image002.jpg
    471039-Image002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,366
I made these years ago. I've got them for specific sizes of pipe. They really work well for a backwoodsy kind of contraption.

Here's one grabbing a two and three eighths gate post.

Attachments

• 471040-Image022.jpg
    471040-Image022.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,013
Bad things seem to like fence lines. Fire ants adore them. So does poison ivy. And of course there's the cedar trees. If you want a cedar break in north Texas all you have to do is stretch a wire and the blue jays will make it happen.

Every now and then it'll all come together. This was one of those.

Poison ivy, fire ants, and a cedar tree wrapping a fence post.

Iris, the tractor, is one ballsy gal. Check out the size of the stump she pulled with that post.

Attachments

• 471043-Image018.jpg
    471043-Image018.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,063
Of course it wasn't easy. But once she got her back up there was no stopping her.

Attachments

• 471046-Image012.jpg
    471046-Image012.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 875
You just have to love a willing tractor. She can make one's life so much easier.

Attachments

• 471049-Image021.jpg
    471049-Image021.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 663
   / Pipe post puller buddies #7  
Harv
Way back in the 70s i bought (i don't know 3-4 -5 kms of fence of the railways(Gov owned here), at which time they closed over half of the rail-net work here in sth oz. I pulled hundreds of star pickets by hand useing the same sort of thing a big washer on a chain welded to a 7 or 8 ft lever. a stand about 2 ft high with a v welded on top and levered of the stand. I hope this makes sense. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Pipe post puller buddies #8  
Harv
it's scribble i don't go to high school,
Another way which is some what better than a ring is a u shaped piece of steel, then yo don't have to slide it over the post.

Attachments

• 471687-post puller.jpg
    471687-post puller.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 769
Good morning--evening Vin, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Many years ago I made something similar to your design from pipe. But it was heavy and awkward, better than digging up the post, but not much because it was so big.

Then I build a cart for moving things across lawns without tearing them up too much. It had short fat tires and could haul four railroad ties at a time with just me operating it on human power.

One day I realized that it liked being a cart. But what it really wanted to be was a fulcrum. And so it became. It was a great lever that was easy to manuever.

The oil industry uses a tool similar to my pipe pulling buddy. It's more of a tear shaped opening. But they use it for pulling pipe out of wells.

There is a company that sells a u shaped device like you've drawn out for pulling t posts. I haven't used that one but I do carry one that is a plate with two different sized holes for different sizes of t posts. It works great.

It's going to be a hot one today. gotta get out there. harv

/ Pipe post puller buddies #10  
<font color="blue">One day I realized that it liked being a cart. But what it really wanted to be was a fulcrum. And so it became. It was a great lever that was easy to manuever.
</font>
Harv
This is a great idea, and even better for those that don,t have a tractor.
I was browsing through this old book today i thought of you, take a look. You might be able to install something like this for one of your more wealthy customers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 472456-gates22.JPG
    472456-gates22.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 580