Carry All & attachments

/ Carry All & attachments #1  

SPIKER

Elite Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Hi All:

Just wanted to post a pic of the carry all I built last week.

it is set up to carry a 48" pallet, as well as hold cross chains to lift Rocks, (anyone following some of my posts knows I've been removing/moving LARGE rocks) I built this to HELP with that as many of them won't fit or lift in my FEL.

I'm also building a spray set up which will be bolted onto a pallet, this way the carry all will be used for the spray rig too.
I don't have any pic's of the sprayer yet as all I have is tank & pump. both from an OLD RV that my brother junked out.

Orriginally I was going to make it able to use PTO with too, but I changed my mind as I really don't think I'll need it, even if I DO build a PTO gen set later I don't think the carry all would be used for that.

now anyways, the carry all has 2x2" SQ Tube constructino with 3/16" wall for most of it and 1/4" wall for hte back support tube. Down each side I added 3/16" angle with 3/8" x 1" deep punched holes/grouved for chain to fit in for lifting rocks of different sizes. they are every 6" starting 12" back and going all way to with in 6" of end of forks. @ the fork ends I punched 3/4" holes for when I'm lifting rocks I'll install a 2x4 brace to keep it from "Pinching IN" (applying force both in and up as the chins will support the rocks, not nessecarly the forks.)

anyhow pic is attached. hole thing was Powder Coated (WHITE as it was in the powder coat gun at the time...)

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark M

Attachments

• 474853-2.jpg
    474853-2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,617
   / Carry All & attachments #2  
Mark that looks like a professional looking job to me right down to the paint. It should make your job of moving boulders a whole lot easier. Did you use a chop saw to cut your steel for the project?

/ Carry All & attachments #3  
I have been thinking about building some forks for the FEL as well as a cary all for the TPH. I'm wondering what most people use for the forks themselves. I was going to do a search for this, but there are dozens of threads on the subject, but I can't recall seeing what people have used for their fork material.

Kyle

/ Carry All & attachments #4  
I don't want to sound like Mr. Obvious here, but a lot of people are using forks for their forks. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, you can buy old forks from fork lifts at a pretty reasonable price and then you not only know what you have but also can have the benefit of a very nice taper at the end.

/ Carry All & attachments #5  
Mark,
that is great work and I am envious of those that can weld.

I want to build one and I think I recall that you mentioned the spray rig on another thread. Can you tell me how much area you plan to spray, how often, what you mixture you are going to spray, how big a boom, etc? I was going to do the same sort of thing but buy all the parts at TSC and bolt one together but I am more than happy to borrow from your good ideas if you are willing to share.

As an aside I finally told the "boss" that I am going to take a welding class this winter but after reading the welding/parkinson thread in the safety area I am afraid I would have a line of lawyers at the front door trying to "help" me.

thanks,
Mark

/ Carry All & attachments #6  
Mark,

That post made it clear that it was career welders who showed symptoms. My feeling is that welding an occasional project with adequate protection and ventilation should be O.K., IMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Charley

/ Carry All & attachments
hi all:

the WELDING & Parkensons symptoms are from LONG term exposure true. as in 20+ years of welding... My Brother-N-Law has it, unfortuneatly... I've been around it enough to have shakes even at my age something I did-like! From what I've seen so far it has as much to do with WHAT you have welded more than how long, as in my case, I did a lot of welding of aluminized and galvnazied, both of which are probalby the primary reasons for it...

as for the material how it was cut, I used our metal saw, (4300.00 well spent) yes 4300.00 it is a hand cut saw which can cut through that 2x2x1/4" in about 20 sec at any angle from 0 to 60 degrees. really makes nice corners! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif bought it for a series of golf ball pickers which used heavy 3/8"+ wall round pipe in 2" dia, had to make 3" to 6" and washers form it.

painting was great with the powder coating systems we have. the company is here http://www.haynncorp.com

any more questions are free for advice.

Mark M
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

also the Spray Rig, is for Spot Spraying, using the RV pump and tank (probably a 30 gallon) but I have access to a different one which is 55 gallon as well as a few Drums if I want bigger.. reason for the 3pt carry all as that is a lot of weight! I'll use a spray handel for the small rigs, pump up type as Ihave one which the tank expanded and will not PUMP UP anymore for deck spraying. figure that will work for NOW maybe get new one later if I get a deal on it.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif