3 Point Hitch .... Hitch

/ 3 Point Hitch .... Hitch #1  

BGL990

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 990 4x4
Every so often I need to move our trailers around, for mowing and so on, and it is always a hassle.
There are 2 flat decks, a horse trailer, and a holiday trailer, none of which is too easy to move by hand.
Following the lead of some other TBN'ers and some commercial units, I built a 3pt hitch, umm... hitch.

There is an upper ball, permanently welded in, for the gooseneck horse and holiday trailers, and a lower
receptacle for a standard 2" insert. I works great - just back up to the trailer, pick it up with the 3pt,
move it, and drop it without getting off the tractor. Yes, I know it isn't 100% by the book to not latch
the hitch down, but slow speed, flat ground, no problem ... If I'm going any distance, just hop off and
latch it properly.

Attached is pic #1, from the side.

Attachments

• 496819-side.jpg
    496819-side.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,437
   / 3 Point Hitch .... Hitch
Oops, I meant to post this under Build It Yourself. I don't know if I can move the posts. Perhaps a moderator could move this thread to the proper place ...

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 3 Point Hitch .... Hitch #5  
The post can be moved by clicking on one of the moderator names at the bottom. However, this IS also customization, I think it's okay here. John

/ 3 Point Hitch .... Hitch #6  
Excellent work!! Looks like a factory attachement. I hadn't thought of using a 3PH drawbar as a starting point for a 3PT project. I've toggled this thread into my favorites for future reference.