backhoe bushings and hardened pin from ?

/ backhoe bushings and hardened pin from ? #1  

john_bud

Hi,

Where is a good (cheap) place to buy new pins and bushing for use in a backhoe?

Thanks,
john_bud

/ backhoe bushings and hardened pin from ? #2  
JB, I called ford about the bushings in my ford 555B and they had them 121.00 + tx. I wint to General transmission, a local bearing/belt/shaft supplier and they made them for me in a couple hrs, 68.00 tx included. You might want to check with a machine shop in your area

/ backhoe bushings and hardened pin from ? #3  
Try to find a hydraulic scrap yard it your area...........Cylinder rods make great hardened pins.

/ backhoe bushings and hardened pin from ? #4  
On cylinder rods used for pins, remember cylinder rods are generally 10/45 steel, not hardened but the chrome plating is what gives cylinder rods their longevity. The steel *can* be hardened, if you've got a big enough torch. I built a backhoe attachment years ago and made my own hardened pins and bushings. I picked up an old kiln, about 3ft in diameter that someone had thrown out and made up the pins and bushings on a lathe. Then case hardened them using a product that MSC company sells, I believe it is called Kasenit (?) I can't be sure of the spelling, it's been 20 yrs.. It worked great. I know the dealer prices are an absolute rip off.