Control valve ?

/ Control valve ? #1  

OleBlue

I'm building a log grapple that I can attach to my rear scraper blade, so I can move downed trees, brush, etc, to the burn pile. I've got it about 80% built, and need to get the appropriate control valve. I found on on Northern Tools web site.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=472&R=472

It looks like a log splitter type valve would work, but thought I'd check here to make sure. It'll be going on an older Ford 1700 with a remote.

Thanks

/ Control valve ? #2  
if your remote is for a double acting cylinder then you dont need any control valve, just hook up the two lines to the remote from the cylinder and use the remote valve, and as for log splitter valves, remember most have a detent to automaticly bring the cylinder back

/ Control valve ?
I guess I should rephrase the remote, I have additional hydraulic connections on the rear of the tractor that I plan to use. So I'll still need a control valve, likely double acting. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

/ Control valve ? #4  
So, what you are planning to use is a new valve that is connected to an existing set of work ports that are controlled by a lever on a valve that already exists? In this case you will need to have the existing valve always on (flow going to the work ports).

If so then the valve you indicated will work. If you are planning to connect this valve in series with your existing valve (not the work ports) then you will need a valve with power beyond capabilities.

/ Control valve ? #5  
you best check that the ports are intended for that, often a diverter valve is needed unless the tractor has a power beyond type valve

/ Control valve ? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you best check that the ports are intended for that, often a diverter valve is needed unless the tractor has a power beyond type valve )</font>

If you run an additional valve from an existing set of work ports, which by definition means you have an existing remote valve, you do not need any type of diverter. People do this all the time with 3pt splitters and backhoes. Just use a bungie cord on the work port valve to hold it open. The work ports will flow fluid into your splitter/backhoe valve with no problem.

A diverter is used to control a second set of work ports from an existing valve by electronically switching flow from one set of work ports to the other.

On almost every tractor that has an open center hydraulic implement system, the 3pt is the last valve in the circuit and any other valve, including the loader, is connected in series before the 3pt and must have a power beyond port.

/ Control valve ? #7  
i understand that, but if he says his remotes dont have a control valve on them, then it sounds like they arnt truely remotes, just hyd taps into the system, which who knows how they are connected in

/ Control valve ?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i understand that, but if he says his remotes dont have a control valve on them, then it sounds like they arnt truely remotes, just hyd taps into the system, which who knows how they are connected in )</font>

This is probably the best way to describe them, simply hydraulic connections coming from the tranny. So what is the best setup given what I'm trying to do?
Thanks

/ Control valve ? #9  
well first off, you need to know alot more about these so called tranny connections to your hyd system, if its open center and they are before the control valve then they wont have any pressure, if there closed center then they will have pressure but i dont think your tractor is closed center, im not sure. it sounds like they are the taps into the 3pt hyd system, so unless it has a diverter valve then you may need to chain down the 3pt arms to get pressure, again im not sure about your particular model. but its not as simple as plumbing in an extra faucet in a house, hyds have alot more complex flows

/ Control valve ?
You're right, unfortunately, I was trying to work from memory, which is often dangerous. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The add'l hyd connections are acutally plumbed/tee'd into the FEL lines where they come into the spacer block between the trans case and the relief valve. The pics should show the male/female connections (they look pretty bad cause they havent been used in some time, but will be replaced before I use them). I'm hoping these connections could be used with a single spool double acting control valve for the grapple.

248hyd1.jpg

248hyd4.jpg