Tricyle Backhoe Dolly

/ Tricyle Backhoe Dolly #1  

boustany

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010, BX2200
A little while back there was a post on backhoe dollies. I mentioned my tricycle design, and got an email asking to post picts.

Sorry for the delay but I can finally comply, so here goes.

First, this was 'inspired' from a previous post on TBN I can no longer find. The short (8" or so) upright posts are for attachment to holes already below the base of the hoe. The sort of grill at the front (one wheel end) allows me to sort of 'lock' the bucket, which otherwise tends to slide off over time.

In my defense, this was the first time I ever welded, cut metal, or built anything out of metal. The workmanship and general look and design of the unit is embarrasing to me, but it works real good and if somebody out there can learn from my prototype, then thats a good thing.

Here it goes. I will post 5 pictures from different angles.

Attachments

• 533030-Dolly 1.jpg
    533030-Dolly 1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,045
   / Tricyle Backhoe Dolly

Attachments

• 533031-dolly 2.jpg
    533031-dolly 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 788
   / Tricyle Backhoe Dolly

Attachments

• 533032-dolly 3.jpg
    533032-dolly 3.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 610
   / Tricyle Backhoe Dolly

Attachments

• 533034-dolly 4.jpg
    533034-dolly 4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 555
   / Tricyle Backhoe Dolly
thats all she wrote

Attachments

• 533035-dolly 5.jpg
    533035-dolly 5.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 624
   / Tricyle Backhoe Dolly #6  
Thanks for posting your pictures. I like it and plan on using your design for building one for myself.

/ Tricyle Backhoe Dolly #7  
That's a nice clean simple design, good work. You may want to post a picture of your backhoe on the finished dolly so others can get an idea how it fits on the frame itself. With those large steel castor's I'll bet the backhoe and dolly move real easy on a concrete floor.

/ Tricyle Backhoe Dolly #8  
Thanks for posting these pictures. I like the simplicity of this design although I'm not a welder yet.

Cliff

/ Tricyle Backhoe Dolly #9  
<font color="blue">The workmanship and general look and design of the unit is embarrasing to me, </font>

No need to apologize for that project!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You did an excellent job there!

note: This my first attempt to post something from my new pocket PC...Christmas came early this year. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tricyle Backhoe Dolly
I'll try and post some pictures showing the unit attached.

I'm am finally catching up, but tomorrow I have to sight in my Knight Revolution, and hook the blower chassis onto the 3010.