chain holder

/ chain holder #1  

billbill1

Veteran Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 1533 Shuttle AgKing 2840 shuttle shift
I took a 4" X 12" piece of stainless steel tubing I found, and made a chain holder (bottom) and a thermos holder (top) worked out pretty slick. There are drain holes in the bottom.

Attachments

• 557594-chain holder.JPG
    557594-chain holder.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,615
   / chain holder #2  
Nice. No corners and out of the way, that's why I've been holding off putting a chain box on my FEL frame.
Did you also make a ss ashtray? It looks like one behind the SMV sign /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ chain holder #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did you also make a ss ashtray? It looks like one behind the SMV sign )</font>

I think that is one of those magnetic dish's for holding screws, nuts, bolts etc.

/ chain holder #4  
Re chain holder:
What worked for me was to use one of those plastic bins that they deliver your newspaper in. You know, the box that they install near the mail box.
Nice shape, lots of holes for drainage and no sharp corners and being PVC they can take quite a bit of abuse as well.
Also they don't rust!

But to give credit where credit is due, the SS idea is still a cool one and looks good to boot!

/ chain holder #5  
Neat. I didn't now they had anything like that, but I didn't really think it was an ash tray... honest /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ chain holder #6  
I just put the finishing touches on my chain holder. Although it isn't actually bolted to the tractor, it is in the next best spot. I normally have the drawbar attached to the 3pt hitch with the bolt on two inch receiver advertised on this site. I bought 6 of the 30 caliber ammo boxes sold at Dirt Cheap, painted them Kubota Orange and drilled a hold in the bottom and mounted them to the drawbar on either side of the hitch. I carry a 12 foot 5/16" chain in one and in the other one I carry two each of 5 foot and 10 foot 3/16" chain. I use the remaining ammo boxes to store my bigger 3/8" chains and the other 12 foot 5/16" chain to keep in the shed. If I know I'm going out to really pull something I just set one of the ammo boxes on the floor board.
I'm still investigating hooking an ammo box to the tractor but didn't want to do any drilling on loader frame until after warranty has expired.

/ chain holder #7  
Looks like it has a cigar in it to me!

/ chain holder
Guys, that is a magnetic parts holder but I don't smoke. I use it to keep a larger top link pin and I put lynch pins in it when I change implements. Also holds bolts when I work on the tractor. I had two of the trays and made a cup holder out of the other one-like Henro made. It works great too!! I silconed an inverted flashing light cover and cut a slot for the handle of the 48 oz. cup that I drink coffee out of. It sits on the transmission hump and keeps the cup from tipping and I can move it to the fender when I'm cutting wood. 4" PVC with a cover flattened would work great too, glued together and siliconed into the parts holder.

/ chain holder #9  
Look,s good Bill , got to vote on a cigar ?
Yugo

/ chain holder
Thank you Mr. Yugo, sorry no cigar!!