Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe #1  

arkydog

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota 3200hst loader and bh77 backhoe, allis chalmers 816 backhoe
Help! I built a cadplan 3pt backhoe (608) for my Kubota B6200 hts (15hp) and it works better than my expectations! I now want to fabricate a subframe for the backhoe so I don't damage the tractor frame. Any suggestions as to where to mount subframe to, size and thickness of steel, or ideas on methods of quick attachment to tractor and Kubota front end loader would be very helpful since I am 50 miles to the nearest Kubota dealer.

Since I'm going to be using a subframe mount backhoe, help would be appreciated on building hydaulic stabilizers to add to my 3pt backhoe. Since I can't afford the stabilizer kit from cadplans and metkit $1000.00 and they won't sell just the plans, any help and ideas (arm angles, cylinder size and anything else ) would be GREAT!

There is a previous thread which shows pics of my backhoe and tractor. Built-it-yourself, backhoe, arkydog? Not sure how to get the link posted.

Thanks and ya'll have a nice day now, ya hear!!

arkydog

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe #2  
Here is a link to your project. Click Here
Have you looked at Woods or other Subframe BH. You may be able to get some ideas from them. Same thing with outriggers.
I can post pictures of the outriggers on my BH tomorrow if that will help. I have a 3PH which does not have a Subframe.

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe
Posting pictures of your outriggers would be greatly appreciated. At the tractor dealers that I have visited Dont have any backhoes mounted to the tractors until you order one and I havent been able to catch one there.

Since you have outriggers, is you 3pt locked so that it wont move?

Thanks

arkydog

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe #4  
There are some pictures of the outriggers I made up for my home built and designed hoe on the Machine Builders Network Site (as well as some others too (check out the Hoe that f350ca built too ... it's good). I think I put the specs of the tube and such that I used in the picture captions (and/or posts). If not let me know and I'll go measure it again.
Backhoe Picture Gallery

If you do a search for backhoe on the forum, you'll see a good number of topics on mine and others.
Towards the end of mine

HTH. Andrew

Thanks for the reply! Just cruised thru the posts and will have time in the next few days to intensly review. Did you make the stabilizers so that ehy woud pivot between 10 and 45 degrees?

Thanks

arkydog

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe #6  
I forgot all about getting the pictures today. Been doing snow plowing for several hours. The way wind is blowing, I'll have to go out and do it all again before its over.
Looks like the pictures Banjo posted are what your looking for. If you still can use some of my BH let me know. I should be ale to get them after this storm lets up.

Ronjhall--- Thanks for the reply. I would appreciate some more pictures whenever you can, I know all about weather and family, no hurry. Biggest concern is how to attach subframe to tractor. Can I use 1/2" steel plate to the rear end housing and run the rail up to the front end loader subframe without attaching it to where the tractor splits. That would only be using 2 places, front and back to mount the sub frame? Also, by using the bolts from the rear end to attach the steel plate, will I have any problems?

Thanks

arkydog

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe #8  
A dealer down near Toledo OH. Spent sometime showing me a Subframe. It was made from 1/2 plate with 1/2 tabs welded to it that attached to the tractor. I do not remember where is was attached to the tractor. Hope fully someone with at Subframe can take some pictures and post them.

/ Need help fabricating subframe for 3pt backhoe #9  
The stabilizers have two postions. The 10° position is for when it's attached to the tractor. The 45° (or so) one is for if I ever tried to use it "stand-alone" with a portable hydraulic power pack. In that case I wouldn't have the tractor as a counterweight, so having them sweep back more seemed more in line with the other free standing hoe units I'd seen. Have only used it on the tractor so far, so can't comment as of yet.

Let me know if there's any further info that would help you.

cheers, Andrew