Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Southaven, Ms now, Greers Ferry Ark later
    Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

Default Another bed rail production

Was reading the post's on this thread Drawbar lock this morning.

Since I am in need of one, I got out the mig and the leftover bedrail and made this. Probably could have bought several for the 3 or so hours I piddled on it, but it was fun building my own. Went over and used my neighbors plasma cutter. That is one sweeeeeet tool! Wish they weren't so expensive for the weekend welder. Well, here are a couple of pics. Not much, but it's satisfying building something useful myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

Default Re: Another bed rail production

One more picture.

Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

Last shot. I was guessing and just eyeballing for size. I'm sure it will fit, but may be a just a little sloppy. Figure I can do a little adjusting once I get it on the tractor. I was quite proud of how my welding has improved.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Nice job, Ken. You could have bought one, but you wouldn't have had nearly as much fun nor got to smell welding and paint fumes all in one day. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    KIOTI CK20 GEAR.

Nice job. Now lets get a shot of it on the tractor. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Gerard

Tractor
    NH TC29D

Ken,

Looks good! I hope to start experiencing some of the joy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img](and frustrations? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) of "fabricate it yourself". I recently ordered a small mig machine to get me started (no previous hands-on welding experience). What size mig welder are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

Don't mind at all..it's a lincoln 135 and I use it with argon mix. And thanks for the kind comments! I felt really stupid after posting it, because there really is nothing to it. Especially compared to all this great stuff you guys build. But since it was only my second welding job, I needed to see it on the page for my own ego purposes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's so fun using this little welder. I never had any idea I would enjoy playing with it so much.

Tractor
    1955 Ford 640

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice job. Now lets get a shot of it on the tractor. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Gerard )</font>

Gerarrd, I've got some great pics of my old 640 that I just need to scan and put up on here. I got them back yesterday, but just haven't had the time to put em up. I'll try to get to that tomorrow.

Tractor
    NH TC29D

Ken, I may have to get some pointers from you on the welder, being that I ordered a Millermatic 135. I don't have any suitable 220V receptacles at the ready so I went with a 110V machine to get started and see if I can get the technique down and get a feel for how much I'd use it........and it's supposed to be simple to use, right?! To hear that's only your second welding job is encouraging to me! I'll be following all your projects now [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!

There are some very skilled craftsmen/fabricators that turn out professional grade projects on TBN. I don't think I'll be giving them any competition in the near future [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]! But I am looking forward to being able to do some small scale fabrication with the welder and like you, have some fun with it!

Tractor
    Farm Pro 2425, Ford 8N

Ken - I'm with you - it's satisfying to build your own. My wife encourages me to do my "barnyard engineering" - It keeps me out of the pool halls. Great idea to use bedrails - the attic is full of them. Great job! Soon, I'll post my latest project. It'll be good for a good laugh. (3-point, PTO verticutter/seeder/press roller, for re-seeding established lawn) Keep up the good work - Yugo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast