Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #11  
Good thinking and work.

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole
Ok Now Ive got it figured out.
Here is the ULTIMATE attachment for the new Boom Pole!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 593408-Boom Pole PaintBrush.JPG
    593408-Boom Pole PaintBrush.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 902
   / Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #13  
Clever ideas. Anything to make less work for oneself is a wonderful thing. Gerard

P.S. Nice dog.

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #14  
Clever thinking and nice implementation.

Would also make a good fishing pole if you had a problem with very large fish pulling you in all the time.

Cliff

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #15  
What is the attachment on the dipper?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifAnders

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #16  
Nice job, and very timely for me. RonJHall and I were just talking yesterday about doing something similar to my FEL. After beefingup the top of my bucket, I'm thinking of welding some 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 for a reciever for a ball mount/boompole combination. How much weight do you think the pole will handle?

Hey, I've got a Malamut myself, without checking other parts, it looks like you've got a female too. How's she do in the heat down your way? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole
The Boom Pole I used is about 4 feet long and is the thin wall (1/8" thick) the one pictured is for light duty ~ 200 lbs max.
Because of leverage and length on a backhoe it would not handle much more weight without exceeding the capacity of the backhoe.

A FEL is a different story - if you use the thick 1/4" 2"x2" tube for the boom pole id say about 6 ' long max you could lift about 600 lbs without bending the pole.
However keep in mind that because of leverage the force on the receiver tube is going to be multiplied by the length & weight of the boom pole ie 6' x600 lbs = 3600 lbs of bending force at the receiver. So in this case shorter is better. The horizontal pulling capacity would easily exceed 5000 lbs.

The Malamutes we have 3 of them 2 Males 1 Female they actually do pretty well we are at 7000' elevation so it does not get that hot up here in the foothills of the Manzano Mountains.
Winter seems to last 6 monts gets very cold at night and we do get a fair amount of snow.

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #19  
Guglio; Thanks for the info. All I "plan" on using the boompole for will be lifting trusses no more than a couple hundred pounds max. But the ballmount will be used for logs and whatever else. Again, good job, and good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Backhoe - Trailer Receiver Hitch & Boom Pole #20  
What can you say, a guy whos photo is of him in a tux with his lovely bride, and he is showing off his handy work in metal. Got to give that a big 10 for sure.

Great job.