OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #1  

Mith

Veteran Member
So the B6000 is gone, my paddock mower. Not really much mowing to do, I thought.....
"Oh, you should have told me you had a tractor"
"Well i think i did...."
"Well i forgot to say i had a paddock that needs mowing every month"
"Oh dear, ive just sold it, sorry"

You get the idea......
So i want to make something to mow paddocks, and something to do, i like making things.
See the picture as to an idea, an outfront rotary made from a normal garden tractor.

So the plan,
Saw off just infront of the mower deck, leaving the front engine bit.
Weld that on the back, using a bit more chassis.
reroute belts *somewhere* and hey presto, front rotary.
Ive done a bodgeup plan in the pic

PS, im not going to us my wheelhorse, but could get another mower to do it with
PPS do you think it'll work? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any thoughts would be appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Or any better ideas?

Last edited:
   / OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #2  
Interesting idea Mith, it'll probably work. The rear steering will be squirrelly at speed, it's notorious for that. The faster front mowers out there steer with drive wheel braking/reversing. Sounds fun though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #3  
I took a look at that picture, and I thought someone had spiked my drink!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dave

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #4  
It could work. But if it did would you be coming or going? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #5  
I think it will work too, not to sound like an idiot (to late) but what am I missing. Why move the deck to the front???

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #6  
whats a paddoc? i thought it was a fish or something.

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please
Rob, fast is something it doesnt go, so the steering should be just fine!

Pineridge, you would be facing toward the front, where the deck is. BTW, i dont know wether im coming or going /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Notamustang, dont know, but it looks cool doesnt it. I foyu want a real reason as to why i wnat the deck out front, so i can put it in top gear and ram it into brambles patches, hopefully cutting tham up. with a MMM the front tyres and bonnet dont get it good.

Fish_whisperer, you are joking right? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
If not, paddock is a small pasture/field, haddock is a fish

Well, seems like youre positive that it will work, im gunna try and find a candidate lawn tractor to do it to /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #8  
The belt issue might be interesting. When you reverse the motor the blades will be "cutting" with the dull side. If you can keep the motor facing forward it might be easier , as far as blade direction goes. It depends on how the drive belt is ran it might effect that also.

/ OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please #9  
Mith,
If this can be done /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif… (see picture), your idea can be done… yours looks more practical /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. KennyV.

Attachments

• 635490-JDchopper (500 x 410).jpg
    635490-JDchopper (500 x 410).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 790
   / OK, thoughts on a stranage idea, please
Hey, Kenny, thats proper job /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Nice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif