anyone ever make......

/ anyone ever make...... #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone has ever made a homemade version of the Loadhandler truck unloading system. I have tons of stone that i need to move to fix drainage problems, and there has to be an easier way.
1. has anyone ever used the loadhandler system...does it work
2. has anyone ever made one,
3. are there anyother "easy" ways to unload a truck,

thank you all in advance i appreciate the help.
--forgeblast--

/ anyone ever make...... #3  
I always kinda liked those kits that turn a truck into a dump myself. You know the hydraulic cylinder lifting the front of the bed. If I hauled a lot of material such as stone or dirt it might be a practical application to use one.

/ anyone ever make...... #4  
Sure have (forgeblast). I made one last fall to fit on my Toyota flat bed truck to unload firewood with and it works great. I have also put near a ton of #2's on it to fill wheel tracks in the mud and that also works great. I will try and post a picture. They are so simple to make and alot stronger than you would think. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ anyone ever make......
thank you bigbear, i really appreciate it. btw can you do a parts list too.
once again
thanks
forgeblast

/ anyone ever make...... #6  
I added some pictures at the bottom. All I used was some 1" black pipe and fittings. Tack welded a washer on both ends of the pipe the width of the material and another washer to an angle pc that welded to the truck. Lay the material out flat in the bed about 6" longer than you need it so you will have a few wraps around the pipe for holding power. I used duct tape the full length of the pipe to secure the material, make sure the material is square with the pipe, or it will roll up crooked, if it does, just re-position and try again. The material I used is from a buddy that makes high school jump pits and padded items for the gym, a really tough vinyl product. So far, it has never let loose from the pipe. Hope this helps. http://photos.imageevent.com/paintballpictures/tractor/websize/6-27-04%20488.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/paintballpictures/tractor/websize/6-27-04%20487.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/paintballpictures/tractor/websize/6-27-04%20486.jpg

/ anyone ever make......
thanks for the pics bluebear, it looks as easy as you said. I do have a question how could we make it removable. im thinking that i may be able to bolt it to the tail gate when needed, or make a U shaped piece that can slide over the tailgate without bolting. Thanks again
Forgeblast

/ anyone ever make...... #8  
I think you should go with the U shaped pc that fits over the end of the tailgate. Bigbear /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ anyone ever make...... #9  
Forgeblast, Just duplacate the loops that your tailgate latches to when closed, then when finished, reach under and pull latch release and remove. 2 bits from warped mind.