Home Made Trailer

/ Home Made Trailer
Trailer upside down on the stands in the shop. Once all the frame work was done and the running gear installed, the trailer is dropped down, drug outside and flipped over.

Attachments

• 645541-s Trailer 028.JPG
    645541-s Trailer 028.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 736
   / Home Made Trailer
Fenders with the Texas Stars welded in prior to being mounted.

Attachments

• 645542-s Trailer 025.JPG
    645542-s Trailer 025.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 592
   / Home Made Trailer #13  
You're a man after my own heart Gary, that's really nice work.

/ Home Made Trailer #15  
Great job.

I would like to know where you got the electrical conectors and heat shink from. My cousin's roll off container trucks have rear lights running through the rear bumper and their always rusting and breaking.You did a nice neat job with your wiring, and it looks weather tight.Just what I'm looking for.

/ Home Made Trailer #16  
Chances are you can find all the parts at an electrical shop that has weather proof fittings and improvise from there.

Rear lights are a sealed unit. Have to change out the entire unit for a burned out bulb.

Egon

/ Home Made Trailer
The splice points are made out of Raychem heatshrink and copper pipe fittings. You can buy ready made "T" fittings that are basically molded pieces of heat shrink, but they are expensive (~$20 a piece). I improvised and soldered copper Ts together, painted them flat black and closed them off with heat shrink. For the straight splices, there is a piece of 1" copper pipe inside the heat shrink that helps it hold a nice clean shape as the heat shrink is shrunk down. I've used this type of heat shrink on several trailers for several years and if you use the kind with a heat activated glue on the inside, it will give you a water tight wiring harness.

On the sealed lights, you may have to replace the whole bulb assembly when the bulb burns out, but the internal fixture will not rust like the cheap, generic type will.

/ Home Made Trailer #18  
Gary,
Do you make these to sell ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
or just for your personal use? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
If you would sell one, How much? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Thanks,

/ Home Made Trailer #19  
Great job on the trailer.

Nice tips on the wiring!

/ Home Made Trailer #20  
Nice job on your trailer! Everything looks top-notch. I really like the stars.