Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Tractor
    JD 4440, JD 5303, JD 3038e, JD 250 skidsteer, Kubota L35, ASV 70, Bobcat 743

Default Re: Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a perkins fired 20 kw 3ph....20 kw, don't want the 3ph, so how much for your gen head? ..................ben
    call me 859-319-4214 if you are interested

does anyone know what the harmonic distortion is on the HF generator head?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LK3054

Resurrecting my dead thread...

Update on the Harbor Freight generator head.

Got it out the other day to exercise it, and it's dead.

Not sure what happened, checked the diodes, tried every flash trick I could find on the net, but nothing. The one thing it has is about 1meg ohm between all the windings. Not sure if that is good or not since I don't have any references for the correct resistance of the windings. I would not think there should be any resistance between the windings with everything disconnected. Glad I didn't pay the current price for it. Years ago it was much cheaper.

I think I will buy a Winco, they are excellent quality made in the USA.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Did you ccheck the brushes? how did you try to flash it? I have used an electric drill and with the generator running plug in the drill and hold down on the button and spin the check by hand this will flash the generator and if this was the issue the drill will take off and keep spinning as long as you hold the button on.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LK3054

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    Did you ccheck the brushes? how did you try to flash it? I have used an electric drill and with the generator running plug in the drill and hold down on the button and spin the check by hand this will flash the generator and if this was the issue the drill will take off and keep spinning as long as you hold the button on.
    I did try that technique also with several different drills and a grinder. No luck at all.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678