Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw

/ Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw #71  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a perkins fired 20 kw 3ph....20 kw, don't want the 3ph, so how much for your gen head? ..................ben

call me 859-319-4214 if you are interested

/ Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw #72  
does anyone know what the harmonic distortion is on the HF generator head?

/ Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw
Resurrecting my dead thread...

Update on the Harbor Freight generator head.

Got it out the other day to exercise it, and it's dead.

Not sure what happened, checked the diodes, tried every flash trick I could find on the net, but nothing. The one thing it has is about 1meg ohm between all the windings. Not sure if that is good or not since I don't have any references for the correct resistance of the windings. I would not think there should be any resistance between the windings with everything disconnected. Glad I didn't pay the current price for it. Years ago it was much cheaper.

I think I will buy a Winco, they are excellent quality made in the USA.

/ Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw #74  
Did you ccheck the brushes? how did you try to flash it? I have used an electric drill and with the generator running plug in the drill and hold down on the button and spin the check by hand this will flash the generator and if this was the issue the drill will take off and keep spinning as long as you hold the button on.

/ Harbor Freight Generator head 10kw
Did you ccheck the brushes? how did you try to flash it? I have used an electric drill and with the generator running plug in the drill and hold down on the button and spin the check by hand this will flash the generator and if this was the issue the drill will take off and keep spinning as long as you hold the button on.

I did try that technique also with several different drills and a grinder. No luck at all.