oxygen-acetylene Help

/ oxygen-acetylene Help #1  

Ridgeman

Tractor
JD 4520, JD 595SE, Gator HPX, JD 997
Hi, been a member for a while but this is my first post.

I'm trying to find some info or web sites that deal with using oxygen-acetylene equipment. Seems to be a lot on welding but....
Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?
Thanks

/ oxygen-acetylene Help #5  
web page Try this link and good luck. I had bought a torch setup about 1year ago, nice for cutting thick metal . I have used it to braze things a few times also. I use my arc welder for welding mostly.

Just remember to be safe and try and store your cylinders outside if possible.

/ oxygen-acetylene Help #6  
Since I bought my Mig, I pretty much rarely use my OA, just to cut something that seems to big or won't fit into the band saw, and if I had a plasma cutter I wouldn't use it for that either.........I could see having an arc welder tho...........

/ oxygen-acetylene Help #7  
Ridgeman, Oxygen & acetylene are used mostly for brazing thinner materials ,my usage will be mostly for ornamental gadgets nothing real heavyduty usage. The one fairly heavy duty thing I have done is braze my cracked exhaust manifold muffler ring back together(don't ask /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Trying to gas weld anything like 1 1/2" angle is very time consuming and uses way too much O&A

Mig is probably the way to go, But like a previous poster asked , What are your planning to do with it? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif