homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #1  

Mike_C

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-22
I made a bucket hitch that slides on and attaches with two clevis pins. The only force on the pins is to keep it from sliding side to side. All the downward pressure is handled by the top and bottom plates which are made of 3/8 plate and 1"x1" bar. It works well.
See photos on this web page

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #2  
Sweeeeeeettt! Nice job.

Don

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #3  
I like it, nice job.

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #4  
Nice , I think I'll make one

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #5  
Neat idea! I was just going to make a similar device for my tractor. I may have to try your design.

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #6  
MikeC- That looks great. Where did you get the 'receiver' tubing section? I assume I could just use regular square tubing, but I see yours looks like a pre-fab with the nice trim at the end.

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins
Yes, I purchased the receiver tube at Tractor Supply (TSC).
The rest was scrap metal.

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I assume I could just use regular square tubing, but I see yours looks like a pre-fab with the nice trim at the end. )</font>

Receiver tubes use DOM tubing which doesn't have the seam on the inside. It is a little more expensive and sometimes hard to find and must be special ordered. My supplier does not carry it but can get it within a few days.

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins
If someone needs a receiver tube and your local store does not carry it, you can always buy it from Northern Tool. here's
the web page

/ homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins #10  
If you got a welder& torchs receiver tube can be purchased at your local steel supplyer2-1/2'x 2-1/2"X 3/16 side wall. I just made a 3PH attachment for my neighbor. Sorry but I did not think to get any pic's.