Mig welder versus stick welder

/ Mig welder versus stick welder #51  
View attachment 388686
I use an AC/DC Lincoln stick welder & oxy/acetylene torch here at home that does 90% of what I need. Where I’ve worked, I’ve used stick, MIG, TIG, carbon gouged, gas torch & plasma cutter, but I like a simple stick for cost & versatility here at home. For welding nasty rusty steel, dragging the lead around the yard to get around big projects and just general fab work I like my stick. I’ve never tried a flux core wire welder; just never saw an advantage to it if I still got to chip flux off and brush. I love a gas wire welder though, but good ones are pricy and the short lead on most limit maneuverability. Be nice to have one, but wouldn’t give up my stick.

Same here, I've got the Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC, never used the AC yet,
oxy/accet tanks and a good supply of 7018, I like your cart, gotta get to it and make one for mine.

/ Mig welder versus stick welder #52  
I like your cart, gotta get to it and make one for mine.
Thanks, but the cart ain't nothing but a cheap yardsale folding handtruck that I've adapted that is on it's second or third set of used plastic lawnmower wheels. Inventive - not so much, but cheap - for sure, that me all-over.
2-25-2013_OUTDOOR WELDING SETUP.jpg

/ Mig welder versus stick welder #53  
Go to Weldingtipandtricks.com and click on How to mig weld. "A down and dirty guide to mig weld" this has seemed to help me a lot...

/ Mig welder versus stick welder #54  
<a href="http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/how-to-mig-weld.html">How to MIG Weld</a>

Here's the link to the welding videos