Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement

/ Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #1  

jimhoodag

I need ideas on how I can build a seedbed preparation implement. I have used what is called a do-all here in Mississippi. It has a paddlewheel on the front, angle iron with spikes welded to them hanging from chains in the middle, and a drag board mounted on angle iron on the back.

I want to build a similar three point lift implement. I know how to build a simple harrow, but they don't chop up the dirt clods. I also thought about placing a roller on the implement.

/ Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #2  
Two tools come to mind. One is a TR3 and the other is a pulverizer. If you do a search on all forums for all dates on this site, you will read about them.

I've wanted to buy/build something like the TR3, but the cost is HIGH in my opinion to buy it. I also like the idea of a pulverizer and I think it would break up the top layer where you want your seed.

If I could get my hands on some rollers from a 5' round baler, I could build a pulverizer pretty easily................

Best wishes, and be sure to post pics.

Ron

/ Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement
I am sure that there are discussion regarding this topic; however, the search does not find them. When I searched for TR3 and pulverizer, it did not even pick-up your message. Have you had any problems with the search feature?

/ Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #4  
Jim, sorry, I should have said to make separate searchs, one for TR3 and a separate one for pulverizer. There were all in different threads.

Good Luck.

Ron

/ Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #5  
Here's what I call my LS1( A.K.A. tr3) IT works great

Attachments

• 723066-MVC-004S.JPG
    723066-MVC-004S.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 681
   / Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #6  
A couple of questions on your LS1 please:

Your scarifiers are near the rear. I'm assuming you can't back up and move dirt without raising them, correct?

I don't have rear hydraulics (yet), but I would like to build mine so that I could raise/lower the scarifiers by moving one lever. Any thoughts?

The TR3 has gage wheels that control the depth. Have you noticed a need for them?

THKS.

Ron

/ Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #7  
I think the gage wheels are used for back filling dirt(so the fingers don't dig in to much). The ripper blades are drilled for a depth setting of 0 or 2 or 4 inches, only takes about 2 minutes to change the depth. The back end (right in front of the fingers rides on top of the ground) the buildup of dirt by the rippers helps break up the clods. I don't plan on putting gage wheels on, I do lock down the grader blade an use it like a box blade some times. If you do build one I think the weight should be around 400 to500 LBSof this size. I pull mine with a 7510 Kubota 4x4

Attachments

• 723215-MVC-017S.JPG
    723215-MVC-017S.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 562
   / Ideas for Seedbed Preparation Implement #8  
I did trash two ripper blades the other day doing a new yard. Going to fast, glade the blades bent and not anything on the tractor broke. BIG ROCK

Attachments

• 723221-MVC-003S.JPG
    723221-MVC-003S.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 498