Default Making a Snow Bucket

I know it's a little early to think about snow, but I hear it's going to be a big one here in the NW. My new green tractor 3520 should be here in a couple weeks. Talking to people around here a snow bucket can be very useful. I wonder if anybody has made a snow bucket or have ideas for one. I would like to build it before the snow flies. I work in a blacksmith shop with all of the right tools, I just need a plan or pictures.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Re: Making a Snow Bucket

Are you thinking of a "bucket" or a "pusher"? Out here I see a lot big bucket loaders and TLB's with snow pushers on the front. The look pretty much like a regular snow plow but are wider and have couple of reinforced wings - one on each side - to capture the snow. Do a search for "snow pusher" - or check out Curtis Snow pushers as an example.

Default Re: Making a Snow Bucket

wow!!! someone else from McCall!!!!!

Danny's welding here has some GREAT buckets. He mostly builds them for the big loaders, but he has built a few for skid steers. His designs have some hidden features. Like the rolled back edge, long floor, and tapered sides.
    give me a call! I'd love to meet someone from this list!
    doug
    cabin caretakers