Category 1 3pt hitch specifications

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #1  

Jarrett

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT
I've done some searching and can't seem to find what the standard specifications for a 3 point hitch are. What I'm looking for is the distance between the lift arm pins and the height of the toplink pin in ralation to the lift arm pins. I'm planning to build a 3pt hitch receiver and just want to make sure I get the dimensions right. Does anyone have those dimensions or can you tell me what dimensions you used?

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #2  
The 7/8" lower link pin spacing is 26" and the 3/4" upper link pin is 20" perpendicular to the lower link .

Soundguy

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #3  
I didn't double check but I thought that is was 18" not 20"?

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #4  
Could be... that's from my 8n manual.. which was technically 'pre' cat1, even though AFAIK, the ASE adopted the ford spec as the cat1 spec.. etc. I'd double check it.. but um.. all my books are ford /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, except the JD, IH, and Allis chalmers.. . and none of them have 3pt hitches. My NH manual has the cat2 specs... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Soundguy

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #5  
I never thought about it changing since the beginning of the three point. I just looked in my manual and it shows the bottom width at 26.8" and the top pin height at 18". But as we all know manufactures especially short line manufactures take quite a bit of liberty with specifications. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #6  
Another thought that crossed my mind... The 8n had a '3' hole toplink rocker... most tractors nowadays have only one toplink rocker mount point, unless they also have draft control I wonder if / how those attach points figure in.

I just did some quick online browsing.. quick hitches.. etc... seen 26.5" and 21" .. so far still looking...

Soundguy

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #7  
Soundguy was close, but no cigar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is a published spec from TractorSmart.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

3pt hitch specs

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #8  
I don't know if the three holes figure in or not. Mine does have the three holes. I think the 26.5" is the one that I seen quoted the most. Isn't the 21" for Cat. 0 or was that one 18"?

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #9  
I think it just depends on where you look as to the numbers. Someone posted the ASAE standard a year or so ago, but I lost it.

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( think it just depends on where you look as to the numbers. Someone posted the ASAE standard a year or so ago, but I lost it. )</font>

Me too. Just noticed the asae has now changed some weblinks and archived alot of previously posted/searchable data... gives you free preview.. but no download priveleges..

I'll see if I can find something more up to dat than 53 years ago /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif tomorrow!!!

Soundguy