Cab with heat and A/C

/ Cab with heat and A/C #1  

Regal

Silver Member
Tractor
4310 JD
I'm new here but have been browsing around and am very impressed with TBN and all of the informative responses shared here. Just thought I would share my project that kept me out of the house at nights.
I've had a 1020 Massey for several years and decided to build a cab. I'm cheap and did not have the money for factory built.
I used 1" and 2" square tubing for most of it and 1" flat for window and door flanges. 1/4" thick scratch resistant Plexiglas for windows. Was lazy and didn't make windows to open. That prodded me to hanging A/C.
A neighbor had a junked out combine with add on air. He let me have the evaporator, heater core, blower fan and controls for FREE. I found a compressor and electric fan in a junk yard. For the condenser out front I parted out 2 small 110 volt window a/c units. Decided to loop two of them together to be sure I got enough cooling capacity. Glad I did, it works great!
I had to weld and/or braze most of my own fittings as needed. Brother is mechanic and advised me what and where.
Still working on sound proofing. It's pretty noisy inside right now. Mounted the cab on rubber but didn't help much. I guess with a head set and stereo I can adjust to the cool in summer and warm in winter.
My biggest problem now is my hydrostat. Makes a lot of noise and has a loss of power as the oil gets hotter. I posted in the Massey section but have yet to have any response as to where I might send the Hydro unit for rebuild. It's a KAYABA HVFD-23 according to the service manual. Anyone with info or suggestions?
Building this cab I learned a lot and had a lot of fun doing it. Don’t really know what my total cost was, but it was worth it. Of all the things I’ve ever built, this computer is by far the most difficult to figure out.

I’ll attempt to attach a picture to this post but I have about 8 or 10 more I could show. I notice some people just do several posts with an attachment on each one but I would rather include them at the end of the text like others do. This “old dog” hasn’t figured that out yet. Would someone explain in simple terms how it’s done?

Attachments

• 761919-Cab 6.jpg
    761919-Cab 6.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,958
   / Cab with heat and A/C #3  
Beautiful cab! How long did it take?
Steve

/ Cab with heat and A/C #4  
That is a fine looking cab. I would be interested in the pictures. Do you have an pictures of it as you were working on it?

/ Cab with heat and A/C #5  
By the way. Why don't you go to the Photo section above and start a gallery?

/ Cab with heat and A/C
Steve; It was kind of a labor of love. I didn't track time or $ but approx 2 months on cab and all summer on a/c ( finding parts etc)

Jerry; Yes I have pictures of framework before mounting it to tractor. Also I did look at the photo gallery but I must be dumber than a box of rocks. Maybe I can talk the wife into figuring it out. I'll do another attachment now.

Attachments

• 761951-Cab03.jpg
    761951-Cab03.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 964
   / Cab with heat and A/C #8  
<font color="blue"> Yes I have pictures of framework before mounting it to tractor. </font>
Great. I would love to see the rest of them. Go ahead and post them here and when you figure the photo section out, put them there.

/ Cab with heat and A/C
I was able to upload some photos on the gallery. Kind of the main shots. Glad to share.

This the last attachment I can do until I reduce the size some more. I'm just over the max bytes.

Rick

Attachments

• 761957-Cab 8.jpg
    761957-Cab 8.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 967
   / Cab with heat and A/C #10  
Thats for sharing.
If anyone else wants to look at the other pictures they are here.