Sweet Home built BX Tractor Cab

/ Sweet Home built BX Tractor Cab
<font color="blue"> Does he want to make one for a bx 23? </font>

I'm next inline with the CK. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don

/ Sweet Home built BX Tractor Cab #22  
Nice job! Can you tell us where the glass came from? Also, was all the material new or salvaged? The frame looks like 1" square tubing and maybe some angle?

<font color="blue">Can you tell us where the glass came from? Also, was all the material new or salvaged? The frame looks like 1" square tubing and maybe some angle? </font>

Front windshield was salvaged from an old RV. Side and rear windows are quarter inch 'Lexan'. Door skins, roof and rear panel are made of floor underlayment, primed and painted orange. Frame is 1" square tubing purchased from the local steel supply. .....about $500 in materials. (Labor....priceless /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Don

/ Sweet Home built BX Tractor Cab #24  
that is tuffern woodpecker lips !! GREAT JOB !!

/ Sweet Home built BX Tractor Cab #25  
Wow...It must be fun to have good neighbour like that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great Cab....

<font color="blue"> Wow...It must be fun to have good neighbour like that. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He is the teacher/mentor......I am the student. He is the best! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don

/ Sweet Home built BX Tractor Cab #29  
I am interested in the glass and grommets for them .... any suggestions or coaching? What type of glass (shatterproof etc)? How much? From where?

bx24 said:
I am interested in the glass and grommets for them .... any suggestions or coaching? What type of glass (shatterproof etc)? How much? From where?

I know the front window was salvaged from an old RV then cut down to size. The sides and rear plastic/lexan. The silver colored grommets are/should be a standard hardware store item.

Don

Edit/update: The screws/grommets are: 1" long stainless steel self tapping screws with matching stainless steel grommets.

Last edited: