Burnt off some turkey

/ Burnt off some turkey #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Finally got to some of the projects with the ten days off. First was my aerator, not quite finished just have to put some wheels on for transporting around.

Attachments

• 798927-new pics 005 (Small).jpg
    798927-new pics 005 (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,449
   / Burnt off some turkey
another view

Attachments

• 798928-new pics 006 (Small).jpg
    798928-new pics 006 (Small).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,005
   / Burnt off some turkey
A stand for my new backblade

Attachments

• 798929-new pics 004 (Small).jpg
    798929-new pics 004 (Small).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,123
   / Burnt off some turkey
My toothbar I built, I bought the teeth on ebay. They are the pin on type.

Steve

Attachments

• 798932-new pics 002 (Small).jpg
    798932-new pics 002 (Small).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,446
   / Burnt off some turkey #5  
Nice tooth bar!

How about a link to the teeth and the shanks?

/ Burnt off some turkey #6  
On that toothbar photo, looks like you already chased down the dog and stuck him with the right side.

Looks good eh.

/ Burnt off some turkey #7  
Steve
Great job on both. What did you use for the teeth on the aerator? Are they hardened or just mild steel. I could use one here but I have a lot (read everwhere /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) of stones and I think I would spend most of my time bending them back or rewelding them back on.
Great Toothbar. Looks as good as you could buy and you have the pleasure of knowing the builder if something goes wrong.
Al

/ Burnt off some turkey #8  
Nice projects, and looks like you did a great job! Man, I wish I could weld like that.

/ Burnt off some turkey
<font color="red"> Chris,</font> I found them by fluke one day, the guy doesn't list that much but I happen to come across them, I think his ebay company name was Getdirect and his handle was 'getpdq'.

<font color="red"> Al, </font> The teeth are just mild steel, I cut them out of 3/8" flat bar 2 1/2" wide at a 30 degree angle. For all the aerating I'm going to do I didn't need the hassle of trying to cut that many from hard plate. My soil is almost useless here and I wanted something to aerate then be able to fertilize.

<font color="red"> Chuck, </font> Didn't you notice that I specifically doidn't take close ups. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My welding is not as good as you might think. I could take some close ups if it would make any other rookie welders feel better. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<font color="red"> Joe, </font> The so called blood is chev orange paint I used to paint the stand I made for the backblade. I do have a dog that on the way out though. She has one lung that is completely taken over by a tumor. She can still get up and walk around but has no wind at all. She's held on for almost a year now, but is starting to noticeably fade. I pains me think about the day that is coming.

Happy New Year to all
Steve

/ Burnt off some turkey #10  
Nice job.

How did you make the drum?