Post Hole Digger/Auger Down Force

/ Post Hole Digger/Auger Down Force #21  
If you're really serious about digging holes, or down-pressure, you might want to think outside the box -- with a Power Trac... ;)

It won't pull a plow or subsoiler like a CUT/SCUT, but it'll outperform them at about anything else....
auger.jpg

/ Post Hole Digger/Auger Down Force #22  
Kent T

That picture sure doesn't look like my soil (rocks) in Massachusetts. That must be Tennesee;{) I always tell folks I'm going to retire and live off the land as soon as I figure out how to eat rocks and bark!

Eric

/ Post Hole Digger/Auger Down Force #23  
erich said:
Kent T

That picture sure doesn't look like my soil (rocks) in Massachusetts. That must be Tennesee;{) I always tell folks I'm going to retire and live off the land as soon as I figure out how to eat rocks and bark!

Eric

:) :) Actually, I think that picture is from the factory in Virginia, though my property in Tennessee has similar soil. I too, have a "rock garden" in Taxachusetts...

If it were ever possible to remove all the rocks, I'd have a good swimming-hole...:D

/ Post Hole Digger/Auger Down Force #24  
landpride makes em, smallest one runs off pumps from 5-8 gmp my little bota is listed as 5gpm sounds like a problem for me. what would be cool is one you could some how mount to the BH. then you would have all the control and stability you need

/ Post Hole Digger/Auger Down Force #25  
Every time I see someone standing on tractor arms to add down pressure I think back to the story my E.R. nurse wife tells about the guy they had in the E.R. , the pto shaft ripped his blue jeans off, and the SACK covering his .... . Not the whole family jewels, just the sack. 3 grand for a good hyd. digger would be cheaper. Lacking that, I have done the two tractor thing a few times myself. Jack