Another 3-pt. receiver

/ Another 3-pt. receiver #1  

valleydweller1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
Hi all,

My lovely wife gave me something very useful for christmas this last year; a welder! Nothing special, it's a Lincoln AC225 from Lowes, but it's my first one. I wired up the garage a few weeks ago for the 50 amp circuit, and after a few practice welds decided to take on my first fabrication project.

It's a 3-pt receiver hitch that I'll use to move my trailers around with. It only has a 1 1/4" stinger, as I had one give to me to use. The total for the rest of the steel was around $10, and the two cat-1 pins were $1.99 each at the local co-op. I'll try it out today to see how it works.

Attachments

• 833378-P2270030.JPG
    833378-P2270030.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,181
   / Another 3-pt. receiver
Here's a different view, the welds aren't that great, but hey; it was my first time!

My welding instructor in college called them "gorilla welds". He said they may be big and ugly, but they're plenty strong.

Attachments

• 833381-P2270031.JPG
    833381-P2270031.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 856
   / Another 3-pt. receiver #3  
Great job.

I need to make something like that.

And you could insert another receiver hitch at a 45* angle part way up, and you have the makin's of a boom poll!

Have fun,
ron

/ Another 3-pt. receiver
I tested it out today, moved my project boat out into the barn to make room for the tractor in the garage. I think the tractor will be a little happier there.

The hitch worked like a charm!

Attachments

• 833528-P2270031.JPG
    833528-P2270031.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 693
   / Another 3-pt. receiver
Here's an up-close view of the hitch in use. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 833529-P2270030.JPG
    833529-P2270030.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 684
   / Another 3-pt. receiver #6  
Great pics.

I'm really into the multifunctional role, so your tool could become a toolbar, rear forks, or other stuff REAL easily.

The pic is now stored for my "to do" listing. THANKS.

ron

/ Another 3-pt. receiver #7  
you will find it very usefull. I made one for my JD 2210 last year. I have a 2" recever on mine. I made mine to use my mulbord plow with a sleeve hitch on it. I also use it to move my pop up around. + a all around trailer. You want to be careful and not go to fast or over to rought terrain because there is no hold down on my TPH.

/ Another 3-pt. receiver #8  
What kinda tractor ya got there? I know it's a Kubota. Lemme guess a Bx22?

/ Another 3-pt. receiver #9  
Never mind about the "what kinda tractor ya got there?" question. I just saw the picture of your tractor and clearly saw where it said "BX22"....Nice tractor.

/ Another 3-pt. receiver #10  
Good job. Don't kid yourself... the good looking welds are ground smooth. I have seen these for $150.00. A couple hours work and a little planning yields a very useful tool. I bought a receiver hitch from a station wagon that has enough steel in it for two of them. As they say.... it is on the list !!