3 Pt Hitch Post Hole Digger to Quick Hitch

/ 3 Pt Hitch Post Hole Digger to Quick Hitch #1  

rp425

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD4410 ePWR R4
I am not sure about most of you, but when it comes to changing attachments, the one I hate the most is the 3 point hitch PTO post hole digger. Every other implement that I have was either designed or modified to work with my quick hitch. So for me to switch to the post hole digger I have to remove the quick hitch and top cylinder (top & tilt) and then install the digger. I am wondering if anyone has attempted to convert the frame over to a quick hitch compatible setup. The idea that I have is to convert my existing frame to one that looks like the pictured in this link: http://www.harlemanmfg.com/phd75.html

I would add the additional cylinder on top for picking up the auger boom and this would facilitate an added benefit of down pressure. The key would be that that unit would connect to the tractor via the quick hitch thus reducing the time required and the hassle to switch from one attachment to the post hole digger.

/ 3 Pt Hitch Post Hole Digger to Quick Hitch #2  
It would not work well unless you locked your 3pt down - such as the yellow bar you see going under/ through in the picture. Otherwise it will still float upwards, and putting a lot of upward pressure on some 3pts is not a good idea for the internal parts of your tractor.

Down pressure on a digger not designed for it is also not so good - there is a reason the pictured digger costs 4x what your digger did. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Otherwise, should work.

--->Paul

/ 3 Pt Hitch Post Hole Digger to Quick Hitch #3  
I'm like you I like to have all my implements work with my quick hitch. I had to modifiy my KK middle buster to fit on my hitch. I'm sure if there is a will and a good welder there is a way. Post some pictures of your post hole digger. There are alot of people out here with mod experience.

/ 3 Pt Hitch Post Hole Digger to Quick Hitch #4  
From the website "The three point hitch control lever on the tractor is to be placed in a lowered position and not used as long as the digger is attached to the tractor. The Remote hydraulic lever is used to operate the digger, Not the three point hitch!".... Nice unit other than the price.