What ever happened to ???

/ What ever happened to ??? #1  

Sarge

Bronze Member
Tractor
B1700
There was a post months back from a member that was building his own rock picker-upper thingy. He had submitted a few pic's of the progress, but nothing for months??? Also, my kingdom to the individual that builds their own power rake so we can snub our nose at the crazy prices of these things /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What ever happened to ??? #2  
I'm a year away on the homemade power rake..............

How much is in your kingdom??????????????? I might start sooner.

ron

/ What ever happened to ???
My kingdom is a 2 year old log house on 5 acres of wooded land /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Problem is that you will have to arm wrestle the bank for ownership /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What ever happened to ??? #4  
Ron,
I happen to have one 5' and two 6' rear rollers for pulverizers on hand, they are new. would this be of some interest? I needed a pulverizer to quick to build one so I bought a 7' model.
DDT

/ What ever happened to ??? #5  
Where did you find the rollers? I have a project in mind for compacting soil after broad cast seeding....

jb

/ What ever happened to ??? #6  
john, you do not want to "compact" the soil, just slightly press it so that the seed makes contact with the soil, but can still push itself up and through the surface. A very good piece of equipment for this (and to be honest my sole reason for posting, because I was about to pose the question on a new thread!!!) is a roller made from old car wheels. My problem is that whilst I was familiar with these when I lived in Australia, I cannot remmebr the details of cramping the wheels together and the end pieces that led to the tractor hitch. Anybody know, or even suggest possibilities. Remember bearings are virtually unobtainable here, although car wheel hubs should be OK. Old McDonald.

/ What ever happened to ??? #7  
John,
I was at the right auction, Land pride does get rid of extra parts some times. I also have 180 tiller tines too, that fit the smaller tillers. not mine

/ What ever happened to ??? #8  
DDT yould you like to sell some of your tiller blades, Im thinking of building one my self and possibly a ditcher.