Router Table....Unisaw

/ Router Table....Unisaw #1  

scott_vt

Tractor
1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A
I thought there might be a few woodworkers out there that would be interested in what I did to my Delta Unisaw to adapt a router table to the left wing if the machine.

I had to remove the cast left wing on the saw to mill a flat along the entire outside surface and of course have it perfectly square. This would enable me to mount an auxillary
table that I made out of 1/2" aluminum jig plate. I believe I drilled and tapped 6 5/16"x18 holes to mount the auxilary table to the wing.

As you can see in this photo, I milled a square opening for a polycarbonate insert that the router is attached to. I usaully use a Bosh Variable speed plunge router in this setup. I used a piece of 3/4" extruded stock along with the two supports in the next photo making this thing quite rugged.

This setup gives me alot more support when cutting off stock that hangs on the left side of the saw. In the last photo you will see a panel cutter that I made for cutting larger panels etc.

Bloomingtonmike hope you are out there, I lost your e-mail address.

scott

Attachments

• 875819-RT1.JPG
    875819-RT1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,269
   / Router Table....Unisaw
This photo is the underside of the addition, just to give you a little idea how it looks, nothing fancy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

Attachments

• 875822-RT2.JPG
    875822-RT2.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 882
   / Router Table....Unisaw
The last photo is the panel cutter I made out of 1/4" polycarbonate and some extruded 6061 bar stock. Obviously the key here was to get the aluminum bar stock that the panel or board is pushed up against to be perfectly square with the barstock riding in the miter groove.

This thing is incredibly handy for almost any cuttoff situation. Especially when squaring up raised panels and such.

As you can see I used flathead screws so they would be below suface and out of the way.

scotty

Attachments

• 875831-RT3.JPG
    875831-RT3.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 736
   / Router Table....Unisaw #4  
Really nice work, Scotty. Gives me some ideas for my Unisaw. Can you remove the router table wing if you need to? I love shop pictures...send more! Shawn

/ Router Table....Unisaw
Mornin Shawn,
Sorry for the long delay on answering /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have been in Ireland for the past two weeks and away from the computer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif If I can think of any other handy things I have made for the shop I will post them.

I can take that whole addition off the saw but it is usually always there. When and if the saw gets moved it will definitely come off to come out of the basement /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Router Table....Unisaw
Mornin Shawn,
Sorry for the long delay on answering /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have been in Ireland for the past two weeks and away from the computer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif If I can think of any other handy things I have made for the shop I will post them.

I can take that whole addition off the saw but it is usually always there. When and if the saw gets moved it will definitely come off to come out of the basement /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Router Table....Unisaw #7  
Scotty,

That's a real nice job you did there.

I'm a little unclear how the fence works with the router. Does the tabble saw fence slide over far enough for the router, or do you have another fence for it?

I'd think you'd have to have a router type fence because of material build up and also the fine adjustments you can make with a router fence.

Where there any channles in your base plate for tools or attachments. My featherboard is alwasy on mine when I do anything long and thin.

Thanks,
Eddie

PS Never been to Ireland myself, but sure would like to!!! Was it work or fun?

/ Router Table....Unisaw #8  
Scotty,

That's a real nice job you did there.

I'm a little unclear how the fence works with the router. Does the tabble saw fence slide over far enough for the router, or do you have another fence for it?

I'd think you'd have to have a router type fence because of material build up and also the fine adjustments you can make with a router fence.

Where there any channles in your base plate for tools or attachments. My featherboard is alwasy on mine when I do anything long and thin.

Thanks,
Eddie

PS Never been to Ireland myself, but sure would like to!!! Was it work or fun?

/ Router Table....Unisaw
Mornin Eddie,
I use my Unifence, and clamp an additional fence for the router onto the Unifence. The router fence has an opening for a shop vac pickup for all the dust that is generated by the router.

Ireland was a vacation Eddie, beautiful country with an unbelievable amount of farming going on. I will be starting a new thread in the photo section in a few days /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just in case the guys are not sick of listening to me allready /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Router Table....Unisaw
Mornin Eddie,
I use my Unifence, and clamp an additional fence for the router onto the Unifence. The router fence has an opening for a shop vac pickup for all the dust that is generated by the router.

Ireland was a vacation Eddie, beautiful country with an unbelievable amount of farming going on. I will be starting a new thread in the photo section in a few days /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just in case the guys are not sick of listening to me allready /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif