cheap way to join forest tiller and brush cutter ?

/ cheap way to join forest tiller and brush cutter ? #1  

Renze

Elite Member
Tractor
Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718
Hi,
Around our property, we have lots of fence rows, and ditches that are overgrown with branches and brush. I want something that slashes the brush, small trees and dirt away, back into the fence row.
In the northern provinces of the Netherlands, water plants and sludge that is dug out of ditches and put on a row on the edge of the ditch by the excavator, is slashed and spread by a kind of tiller that has its blades mounted like an auger. It rotates at 540 rpm and spreads dirt about 5 to 6 meters into the field.

Because i want to clear mostly overgrown fencerows and shallow ditches that only have water in them 2 times a year, i dont think it's wise to use something with rigid mounted blades, /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but use pivoting flails instead.

What's my best option ? Take the angle drive i have from an old hay mower, and mount it on a 3pt hitch offset boom and mount a digging/cutting wheel flat on the ground ?

Has anyone seen or built something like this before ?

/ cheap way to join forest tiller and brush cutter ? #2  
The county has a machine here they they cut the the little county ditches out with. Its made by Alamo and has whal looks like tiller teeth rigidly mounted to a 3/8ths plate and they make up about a 12 inch diameter. They are called Rotary ditchers. they evenly and thinly spread the dirt out onside of the ditch. You can make one thats all belt drive and side mount easily. i plan on making one here shortly for some drain work. Down south of here we have rice and bean fields in the Delta and use centermounted versions to drain low spots that dont have a berm thrown up one side to slow drainage. Fun to watch on a dry day looks like a dust storm comming.

Attachments

• 877542-webview.jpg
    877542-webview.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 475
   / cheap way to join forest tiller and brush cutter ?
They make quite a few of these in Holland too, our low country by the sea has lots of ditches. Most of the ditchers are direct drive, centered behind the tractor.

I have been thinking to make a ditcher that can be turned vertical and horizontal, to either ditch or throw away dirt ridges or work dirt and trees back into the fencerow.