Pickup Truck Stake Body

/ Pickup Truck Stake Body #1  

barticus73

Silver Member
Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544
I raise Boer goats and with the rising fuel costs would like to start using my pickup truck rather than horse trailer to transport the goats. Does anyone know of any plans to build a livestock suitable stakebody(preferably wood) for an 8 foot bed? Or even pictures of their own versions would work. Another option is something like these: Billy Goat Gruff Gofer

But, I don't have 300 bucks to spend on one. I even considered making one out of cut up cattle panel but not sure how sturdy they would be. Do you guys have any ideas? Which style do you think is better, stakebody or portable cage?

/ Pickup Truck Stake Body
I raise Boer goats and with the rising fuel costs would like to start using my pickup truck rather than horse trailer to transport the goats. Does anyone know of any plans to build a livestock suitable stakebody(preferably wood) for an 8 foot bed? Or even pictures of their own versions would work. Another option is something like these: Billy Goat Gruff Gofer

But, I don't have 300 bucks to spend on one. I even considered making one out of cut up cattle panel but not sure how sturdy they would be. Do you guys have any ideas? Which style do you think is better, stakebody or portable cage?

/ Pickup Truck Stake Body #3  
How many goats do you want to transport at a time? How about a tall pickup bed canopy or a dog kennel/cage. You might be able to find something used fairly cheap. Unfortunatly just about anything you do, including a flatbed with stake side panels is probably going to cost more than $300.

/ Pickup Truck Stake Body #4  
How many goats do you want to transport at a time? How about a tall pickup bed canopy or a dog kennel/cage. You might be able to find something used fairly cheap. Unfortunatly just about anything you do, including a flatbed with stake side panels is probably going to cost more than $300.

/ Pickup Truck Stake Body #5  
I would build with cattle panel and 1" angle as if it were a cab high camper with a swinging door. The safety look would be closing tailgate.

/ Pickup Truck Stake Body #6  
I would build with cattle panel and 1" angle as if it were a cab high camper with a swinging door. The safety look would be closing tailgate.