Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000

Default Lincoln 175 or 175 Plus

The "I need a welder" thread got me pumped up to look into a mig to supplement my stick welder. The only real problem I have with the stick is trying to weld thin stuff but am thinking adding a mig will mean I can weld just about anything.

The only difference between the Lincoln 175 and 175 Plus seems to be step current adjustment or infinitely variable with the Plus.. I can get a real good deal on a 175 from a local supplier and save more than the typical 100 bucks difference. Question is... is the infinitely variable current setting that important?

Thanks

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

Default Re: Lincoln 175 or 175 Plus

Good looking welder, Is 5/16 heavy enough for you? And the variable part is not that critical to me, overall your getting a good welder for less than $800.
    Jim
    Click here for my current weather

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    PDF files don't like me !!
    Making a F-550 Pick Up thread
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace

Tractor
    Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader

Your question has been asked and answered several times over on either the Hobart forum or the Miller forum. These forums are NOT brand specific. Do yourself a favor and check out these two forums.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard
    My friends call me Mad, everyone else thinks I'm mad.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000

Apreciate the links, the search engine on the Miller site isn't working and didn't come up with anything meaningfull on the Hobart site.. Still wondering?

Jimi.. Ya along with my stick welder I think the 175 will be fine. Can get the 175T for right at $500.00 and the Plus would be closer to $700.00

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace

Tractor
    Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader

Quote Originally Posted by BobReeves
    Apreciate the links, the search engine on the Miller site isn't working and didn't come up with anything meaningfull on the Hobart site.. Still wondering?
    Geez, that funny. I just did a search on the Hobart forums for "sp175" and got 120 hits. I am sure one of those hits had somehing you could use to help with your decision.
    My friends call me Mad, everyone else thinks I'm mad.