Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    B7610HST

Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

Darn it Mike, now I'm feeling the need for a 'mini-marker' version on my little rig! Pretty neat project, thanks for sharing.
    Conceit is God's gift to little men.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Quote Originally Posted by dholly
    Darn it Mike, now I'm feeling the need for a 'mini-marker' version on my little rig! Pretty neat project, thanks for sharing.
    Let me know if I can help you with your new project.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

Pineridge,

Great project idea. couldn't wait to start. Your 12 hour picture has me concerned. This morning I got a gollon of the foam concentrate, and also a $19.95 aquarium pump from Wal Mart, along with tubing and two small airstones. My plan is to use a small 12v to 120 AC inverter. An aquarium pump is designed to run for yearrs so it should be durable. Here is my nightmare experiment along with a question:

Anyhow I mixed the stuff too strong so poured the extra down the kitchen sink. When I put a gallon milk jug in the sink and started the aquarium pump it it made lots of foam. Then the wife called and asked why the shower floor was foaming from the drain. When I got back from the bathroom it was flowing over the kitchen sink and I got that look from **** from the wife as she pointed to the unwashed dishes. I tried to make the foam go down the sink with the sink spray nozzle but it made more foam. A dust pan worked OK but now the trash cans are full of foam and it does nt pour out very well. Well it was spraying out the vent hole in the septink because of the septic blower. At least it's white instead of tan, but it has an odor. The pile in the yard got pretty big and the nighbor asked why we were using so much soap to was out the trash cans. Got some real strange looks. Finally I figured out to turn off the circuit breaker to the septic system. That stopped the foam from coming out the shower, which is full.

Your post said the foam is 12 hous old in the pictures. The pile in the yard is smaller than a volkswagon, so how long do you think it will take to go away?
    JRP

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

LOL

Kinda reminds me of this little incident

Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Quote Originally Posted by JRP
    Pineridge,

Great project idea. couldn't wait to start. Your 12 hour picture has me concerned. This morning I got a gollon of the foam concentrate, and also a $19.95 aquarium pump from Wal Mart, along with tubing and two small airstones. My plan is to use a small 12v to 120 AC inverter. An aquarium pump is designed to run for yearrs so it should be durable. Here is my nightmare experiment along with a question:

Anyhow I mixed the stuff too strong so poured the extra down the kitchen sink. When I put a gallon milk jug in the sink and started the aquarium pump it it made lots of foam. Then the wife called and asked why the shower floor was foaming from the drain. When I got back from the bathroom it was flowing over the kitchen sink and I got that look from **** from the wife as she pointed to the unwashed dishes. I tried to make the foam go down the sink with the sink spray nozzle but it made more foam. A dust pan worked OK but now the trash cans are full of foam and it does nt pour out very well. Well it was spraying out the vent hole in the septink because of the septic blower. At least it's white instead of tan, but it has an odor. The pile in the yard got pretty big and the nighbor asked why we were using so much soap to was out the trash cans. Got some real strange looks. Finally I figured out to turn off the circuit breaker to the septic system. That stopped the foam from coming out the shower, which is full.

Your post said the foam is 12 hous old in the pictures. The pile in the yard is smaller than a volkswagon, so how long do you think it will take to go away?

All I can say is Pray for rain!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC55DA

Quote Originally Posted by JRP

I hope you got video, of this little experiment. If so Please send it in to AFV ( Americas Funniest Videos ) and let everyone on TBN know when it will be airing.

It took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing, after reading your post.

A volkswagon sized glob of foam in the yard oops there I go again.

Does Jeff Foxworthy come to mind "Bet cha woont do that no morrrre "
    New Holland TC55DA R1 AGs, 18LA ,HM Toothbar, 2 remotes

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

I think maybe he was pulling our leg a bit. At least I hope that was the case for his sake.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    bx1800

Now you have done it......I need to rebuild my spray rig
    Kubota BX1800 60" mm deck , 42" land Pride box blade

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Quote Originally Posted by chucko
    Now you have done it......I need to rebuild my spray rig
    Chucko you shouldn't have any problems adding foam to what you already have. Should you have any problems let me know, I'll be glad to help wherever I can.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

Pineridge,
    I was thinking about trying 3 liter soda bottles on each side of the spray tank, and an air valve that lets me select which bottle air goes into. Then putting a piece of 5/8" or so garden hose from each soda bottle to the boom tip.

Do you think this would work? Would this be a waste of time and then I'd end up with something more like what you have?

One thought about experimenting with foam is "If it fails, what is it gonna hurt?" Except if you spend all night cleaning up after an experiment.
    JRP

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast