Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105
  1. #71
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    664
    Location
    Fingerlakes Region, Upstate NY
    Tractor
    B7610HST

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Darn it Mike, now I'm feeling the need for a 'mini-marker' version on my little rig! Pretty neat project, thanks for sharing.
    Conceit is God's gift to little men.

  2. #72
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,345
    Location
    Northeast, Ohio
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Quote Originally Posted by dholly
    Darn it Mike, now I'm feeling the need for a 'mini-marker' version on my little rig! Pretty neat project, thanks for sharing.
    Let me know if I can help you with your new project.


  3. #73
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    697
    Location
    South Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Pineridge,

    Great project idea. couldn't wait to start. Your 12 hour picture has me concerned. This morning I got a gollon of the foam concentrate, and also a $19.95 aquarium pump from Wal Mart, along with tubing and two small airstones. My plan is to use a small 12v to 120 AC inverter. An aquarium pump is designed to run for yearrs so it should be durable. Here is my nightmare experiment along with a question:

    Anyhow I mixed the stuff too strong so poured the extra down the kitchen sink. When I put a gallon milk jug in the sink and started the aquarium pump it it made lots of foam. Then the wife called and asked why the shower floor was foaming from the drain. When I got back from the bathroom it was flowing over the kitchen sink and I got that look from **** from the wife as she pointed to the unwashed dishes. I tried to make the foam go down the sink with the sink spray nozzle but it made more foam. A dust pan worked OK but now the trash cans are full of foam and it does nt pour out very well. Well it was spraying out the vent hole in the septink because of the septic blower. At least it's white instead of tan, but it has an odor. The pile in the yard got pretty big and the nighbor asked why we were using so much soap to was out the trash cans. Got some real strange looks. Finally I figured out to turn off the circuit breaker to the septic system. That stopped the foam from coming out the shower, which is full.

    Your post said the foam is 12 hous old in the pictures. The pile in the yard is smaller than a volkswagon, so how long do you think it will take to go away?
    JRP

  4. #74
    Super Member schmism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,093
    Location
    Peoria IL
    Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    LOL

    Kinda reminds me of this little incident

    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

  5. #75
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,345
    Location
    Northeast, Ohio
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Quote Originally Posted by JRP
    Pineridge,

    Great project idea. couldn't wait to start. Your 12 hour picture has me concerned. This morning I got a gollon of the foam concentrate, and also a $19.95 aquarium pump from Wal Mart, along with tubing and two small airstones. My plan is to use a small 12v to 120 AC inverter. An aquarium pump is designed to run for yearrs so it should be durable. Here is my nightmare experiment along with a question:

    Anyhow I mixed the stuff too strong so poured the extra down the kitchen sink. When I put a gallon milk jug in the sink and started the aquarium pump it it made lots of foam. Then the wife called and asked why the shower floor was foaming from the drain. When I got back from the bathroom it was flowing over the kitchen sink and I got that look from **** from the wife as she pointed to the unwashed dishes. I tried to make the foam go down the sink with the sink spray nozzle but it made more foam. A dust pan worked OK but now the trash cans are full of foam and it does nt pour out very well. Well it was spraying out the vent hole in the septink because of the septic blower. At least it's white instead of tan, but it has an odor. The pile in the yard got pretty big and the nighbor asked why we were using so much soap to was out the trash cans. Got some real strange looks. Finally I figured out to turn off the circuit breaker to the septic system. That stopped the foam from coming out the shower, which is full.

    Your post said the foam is 12 hous old in the pictures. The pile in the yard is smaller than a volkswagon, so how long do you think it will take to go away?

    All I can say is Pray for rain!


  6. #76
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    274
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Tractor
    New Holland TC55DA

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Quote Originally Posted by JRP

    Anyhow I mixed the stuff too strong so poured the extra down the kitchen sink. When I put a gallon milk jug in the sink and started the aquarium pump it it made lots of foam. Then the wife called and asked why the shower floor was foaming from the drain. When I got back from the bathroom it was flowing over the kitchen sink and I got that look from **** from the wife as she pointed to the unwashed dishes. I tried to make the foam go down the sink with the sink spray nozzle but it made more foam. A dust pan worked OK but now the trash cans are full of foam and it does nt pour out very well. Well it was spraying out the vent hole in the septink because of the septic blower. At least it's white instead of tan, but it has an odor. The pile in the yard got pretty big and the nighbor asked why we were using so much soap to was out the trash cans. Got some real strange looks. Finally I figured out to turn off the circuit breaker to the septic system. That stopped the foam from coming out the shower, which is full.

    Your post said the foam is 12 hous old in the pictures. The pile in the yard is smaller than a volkswagon, so how long do you think it will take to go away?

    I hope you got video, of this little experiment. If so Please send it in to AFV ( Americas Funniest Videos ) and let everyone on TBN know when it will be airing.

    It took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing, after reading your post.

    A volkswagon sized glob of foam in the yard oops there I go again.

    Does Jeff Foxworthy come to mind "Bet cha woont do that no morrrre "
    New Holland TC55DA R1 AGs, 18LA ,HM Toothbar, 2 remotes

  7. #77
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,345
    Location
    Northeast, Ohio
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    I think maybe he was pulling our leg a bit. At least I hope that was the case for his sake.


  8. #78
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,541
    Location
    Polk Co , Fl
    Tractor
    bx1800

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Now you have done it......I need to rebuild my spray rig
    Kubota BX1800 60" mm deck , 42" land Pride box blade

  9. #79
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,345
    Location
    Northeast, Ohio
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Quote Originally Posted by chucko
    Now you have done it......I need to rebuild my spray rig
    Chucko you shouldn't have any problems adding foam to what you already have. Should you have any problems let me know, I'll be glad to help wherever I can.


  10. #80
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    697
    Location
    South Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

    Default Re: Building boom sprayer w/foam marker

    Pineridge,
    I was thinking about trying 3 liter soda bottles on each side of the spray tank, and an air valve that lets me select which bottle air goes into. Then putting a piece of 5/8" or so garden hose from each soda bottle to the boom tip.

    Do you think this would work? Would this be a waste of time and then I'd end up with something more like what you have?

    One thought about experimenting with foam is "If it fails, what is it gonna hurt?" Except if you spend all night cleaning up after an experiment.
    JRP

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.