3 point boom plans

/ 3 point boom plans #1  

L3650

Silver Member
While seachin the web for something, I came across a sight with plans for a 3 point boom.

Attachments

• 3PointHitchBoom1.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 3,043
   / 3 point boom plans #2  
Does this site offer plans for any other implements? If so please share the URL with us.

/ 3 point boom plans #3  
If you examine this type of attachment, you'll discover it loads the 3 point hitch exactly opposite of the design. I hope if you make or buy a boom pole, you have a loaded bucket on the front end loader.

/ 3 point boom plans #4  
With this type of boom pole you don't need the top link arm, and it also lifts faster and higher while sacrificing lifting capacity.

/ 3 point boom plans #5  
PineRidge said:
Does this site offer plans for any other implements? If so please share the URL with us.
I think he got that from the LSU AgCenter website. They don't really have alot of plans, but they do have alot of good information.

/ 3 point boom plans #6  
Yes, if you go to www.lsuagcenter.com and go to the search bar at the top left of screen you can get quite a few plans. Not for impliments but for other farm stuff and some houses too.
I don't think I would build the houses though. The plans are lacking and they look out of date.

/ 3 point boom plans #8  
Slamfire said:
If you examine this type of attachment, you'll discover it loads the 3 point hitch exactly opposite of the design. I hope if you make or buy a boom pole, you have a loaded bucket on the front end loader.

I don't understand your statement "loads the 3 point hitch exactly opposite of the design". The base end of the boom(left end on the .PDF) attaches to the tractor where the toplink normally would. The base of the "A" frame attaches to the 3PH lift arms. the "A" frame is the fulcrum and the boom is the lever applying downward force thru the "A" frame structure to the 3PH lift arms, just the same as an impliment hanging on them would. The boom end attached to the tractor would be in tension as it is with a 3PH impliment in the air. The toplink attachpoint on the tractor will have a vertical force applied preportional to the weight lifted by the boom which is not normal for that structure.

The plans shown are almost exactly like the boom assembly that comes with the Leinbach PHD's except on the Leinbach boom where it meets the top of the "A" frame, there are several adjustment holes so you can adjust for slight differences in toplink length on various tractors to get the "A" frame as near vertical as possible. I guess this would also allow you to change the ratio of 3PH arm movement to boom lift/tilt.

Every 3PH valve assembly I have ever seen(but I havn't been around much:) had a safety valve built into it to protect the cylinder, seals and 3PH lift structure from damage if you bounce the tractor with a heavy impliment hanging in the air on the arms. Unless the 3PH hydraulics are setup incorrectly, enough downforce on the 3PH arms to lift the front of the tractor off the ground should be more hydraulic pressure than the safety valve will allow and the 3PH/lift arms should lower on their own.

/ 3 point boom plans #9  

This comment is nonsensical to me.

The lifting arms of the 3PH do the work. What's the difference?

/ 3 point boom plans #10  
It isn't just the lifting arms that do the work.

A conventional implement applies a mostly forward and backwards force to the tractor's top link attachment point.

This style of boom applies an upwards force to the top link attachment point equal to about three times the weight of the load lifted.

Bruce