PTO sprayer pump/ roundup compatable ?

/ PTO sprayer pump/ roundup compatable ? #1  

Thinking about building my own 3 pt sprayer. Upon looking at pto roller pumps in the ag catologs I find some listed as being roundup compatible.I did not know that you needed a special pump for using roundup/glysophate.Whats the deal? is glysophate extra corrosive?How do the pumps differ?Can an old pump be updated to be compatable?

/ PTO sprayer pump/ roundup compatable ? #2  
That's a first for me as well. Only thing that would bother me is keeping residue in the sprayer after you sprayed with roundup.

/ PTO sprayer pump/ roundup compatable ? #3  
I am also in the process of building a PTO boom/wand sprayer and have seen the Round-Up ready pumps advertised. However knowing how corrosive glysophate is I would still recommend flushing with clear water and anti freeze added to keep the pump healthy.

/ PTO sprayer pump/ roundup compatable ? #4  
You have to have Viton seals and components in the pump for it to function reliabily with Roundup (glyphosate). Roundup Ready pumps have Viton internals and seals.

/ PTO sprayer pump/ roundup compatable ? #5  
I might add that all you need to flush your sprayer is clear water and a little Nutra-Sol. The only time the salts percipitate is when the glyphosate solution becomes cold (below freezing).