Engine Stand uses, projects?

/ Engine Stand uses, projects? #1  

danbuf

Tractor
Kubota B3030, ford 860, & Deere 445
I have this nice engine stand I bought when I was rebuilding my Ford 860 engine, and havent used for anything since..
Anybody using theirs for any other instances?
Mower stand, table for grinder, ???

It just takes up space now.. Maybe I should sell it..

Dan

/ Engine Stand uses, projects? #2  
Maybe I should sell it..

That's probably your best bet. Contact garages and mechanics in the area and see if any of them want it. My brother had an advantage in being a Matco Tool Distributor, but he bought a new engine stand once and he and I rebuilt a Ford 460 engine in a truck that belonged to our volunteer fire department. Then he put the engine stand on his tool truck, as used of course, and promptly sold it. Later, he bought another one and rebuilt a Chevy 454 engine to go in an old Suburban for his son, then sold that one, too.

/ Engine Stand uses, projects? #3  
I made an extra heavy-duty welding cart out of mine. Put plywood on the bottom and used the upright stand part to hold the gas cylinder. Works very well.

/ Engine Stand uses, projects? #4  
i thought about useing the mounts for the engine,,,to mount things i am welding or maybe a third hand....lots of uses i can think of...other than just for an engine,,,,of coarse i havent done anything but use it for a engine ,,,but someday bruce

/ Engine Stand uses, projects? #6  
I have used mine for all sorts of lifting jobs, when your a one man show you need all the help you can get....I wouldn't think of getting rid of it.

/ Engine Stand uses, projects? #7  
If I have an empty one (currently 6 engines on them now and 1 empty), I welded up some accessories to go in the top tube. I made a bracket that holds a 4' flourscent light fixture - for a portable "shop light". it can be swiveled vertical to horizontal as needed. I also made a big steel tray, welded to a pipe that fits in the tube at the top of the stand for a portable tool caddy. I cut the round pipe off another stand and added some 2" square tubing to give it enough height to hang a PHD. Can scoot it out of the way when not in use.

I've also seen shop fans hung on engine stands, made a rotisserie for car chassis work. Lots of uses for them.

49T&C