Earth Mover my neighbor built

/ Earth Mover my neighbor built #1  

KansasKid

Tractor
New Holland 1925
This is a earth mover that my neighbor built and I thought someone might be interested in seeing. The "tub", he thinks, is about 1 cubic yard. I asked him if he had enough tractor and he said that it would dig and overfill the tub without stopping the tractor. The man has talent.
You can see all the picture I took at this website: http://public.fotki.com/JerryD/earth_mover/

I'll TRY to attach a couple.

Attachments

• DSC02394.jpg
    DSC02394.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 10,291
  • DSC02387.jpg
    DSC02387.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 8,368
   / Earth Mover my neighbor built #2  
Very nice, thanks for the pics, just what I need! What size is that Kubota?

/ Earth Mover my neighbor built #4  
That is very nice looking workmanship indeed, just needs a little orange paint to finish it off. ;) Honestly though, I can't decide if I need one. I'm at a bit of a loss to understand the benefit of this attachment vs. a standard boxblade. Edumacate me please!

/ Earth Mover my neighbor built #6  
Wow! Your neighbor did a fantastic job. Now the question is "How much is he going to be charging for them?"

/ Earth Mover my neighbor built
The tractor is a Kubota L3130 which is a 31 hp.

/ Earth Mover my neighbor built #8  
dholly said:
That is very nice looking workmanship indeed, just needs a little orange paint to finish it off. ;) Honestly though, I can't decide if I need one. I'm at a bit of a loss to understand the benefit of this attachment vs. a standard boxblade. Edumacate me please!

It should pick up and move a lot more dirt than a box-blade for the same amount of time involved. Plus it will distribute the soil when you get where you need it dumped. Try moving dirt from point A to point B if they are say 500' apart and you'll quickly see the need for a pan.

Very nice work on the construction.