3PT trailer mover...

/ 3PT trailer mover... #1  

Ford960

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 960-5
While taking pictures of my top link today I also got a shot of the trailer mover that I made a couple of weeks ago:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e380/Capt-Ron/Tractor/hitch.jpg

Parts in this one are from an engine hoist that I bought from a pawn shop several years ago that was missing the base. Had intended to make the base but bought a new hoist from Harbor Freight for less that the cost to make the base. It is the upright section for the top link. The cross piece is a TSC drawbar with a 1-1/2"X1-1/2" section of 1/4" angle welded to the bottom. A short 2" SQ hitch section to receive the ball mount is welded to the top of the draw bar and the upright is slotted and welded on top of the 2" receiver.

I'm thinking of taking this one step further and adding an articulated boom using the remaining parts of the hoist. BTW, I gave $50 for the hoist and it had a new 6 ton long reach jack with it.

/ 3PT trailer mover... #2  
You will get alot of use from that and with added boom even more. I use mine quite often.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 6,168
   / 3PT trailer mover... #3  
That was the before conversion to 3ph.

Attachments

• 031a.jpg
    031a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,723
   / 3PT trailer mover... #4  
I could get a lot of use out of being able to move trailers with my tractor.
I was thinking of drilling a hole in the back of my finish mower to accept a trailer ball (somewhere where the blades wouldn't hit it of course), and also welding a small plate onto the back of my rear dirt scoop to accept a trailer ball. Since 99% of the time I have one of these two implements on my tractor.
If I had one on the mower it would make it easier to move the little trailers I got when I am mowing.
Or instead of drilling a hole in the mowing deck I could just weld a bracket on the back of it to accept a trailer ball. That's even better cause it wouldn't catch grass under the deck.

Pooh Bear

/ 3PT trailer mover...
Welding a square tube receiver on my box blade has crossed my mind more than once so that I can tow the dump trailer. Also, I could tow the tractor with trailer hitched to it and kill two birds with one stone. My trailer has a pintle hitch.

/ 3PT trailer mover... #6  
And My version.... I use it to lift logs to skid them out of the woods, move my trailer & my next task.....

I'm making a ballast "rack" that can be used to haul small loads of wood or concrete blocks while I plow this winter. It will just slide into the receiver.

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,307
   / 3PT trailer mover... #7  
Here's my version. I use the 2 outside receivers for a toolbar harrow I made and I plan on building forks, boom pole, etc., etc. to also fit it. The trailer ball (when not being used) stores on a bracket on the forward side of it.

Attachments

• ReceivrHitch 001.jpg
    ReceivrHitch 001.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,125
   / 3PT trailer mover...
It appears that 3pt trailer movers are one of the easier attatchments to make. Thanks for posting pictures of them as there are features of some that I wished that I had thought about when I built mine. Never too late to modify though.
Fire up the grinder and welder, I feel a project coming on!!!

/ 3PT trailer mover... #9  
That is awesome! I am about to make a drawbar for my tractor, and I did have the thought of making a receiver type hitch instead. I'm not sure that's practical to bolt to the bell housing, but I like the one you made for your 3ph.